I herd the lake flipped late last week. How long after the lake flips does it take for the inside water to be fishable again? How long before the fish will start to stage at the river mouths? Does the water have to flip back or will the current coming out of the rivers return the inside water to a fishable temperature?

Looking for your past experience of how long it will take. It seems like every year I plan my trip to Lake O and it decides to flip right before I get there making the inside bite non-existent. I don't mind running offshore. But sure is nice to come out of the harbor and set lines within 5 minutes of getting out on the water.

how long it takes for it to flip back depends on the wind, and one of the best tips i can give you for avoiding this is to plan trips more in july, the lake is way more stable then, then it is now with the weather starting to do its change thing. I know out of Olcott it was killer in july and you didn't have to go to far out.

The temp was 70 down 50 in 55 feet of water off of the Oak today from the west winds yesterday. They are calling for northeast switching to east for tommorrow. Looks like the unsettled water will continue for a few days. :no: