Dipsy Depth?

I posted a question on Dipsies last week and have gotten great responses...Thanks to all!

One thing thats still not clear to me is how deep you can get with a #1 Dipsy. Luhr Jensen chart only goes to 50ft using the #2 setting based on 20lb mono and 2.5 - 3 MPH. Let back for 50ft is 122.

Does this mean 50ft is the max depth that the diver will go no matter how much line you let out?

I see many postings that others are letting back 200 - 250ft of line.

Does any one have experience getting down to 80ft or more with #1 setting on 30lb braid pulling Flasher/Fly set up?

Does increase in speed make it go deeper?

Thanks again!

I posted a question on Dipsies last week and have gotten great responses...Thanks to all!

One thing thats still not clear to me is how deep you can get with a #1 Dipsy. Luhr Jensen chart only goes to 50ft using the #2 setting based on 20lb mono and 2.5 - 3 MPH. Let back for 50ft is 122.

Does this mean 50ft is the max depth that the diver will go no matter how much line you let out?

I see many postings that others are letting back 200 - 250ft of line.

Does any one have experience getting down to 80ft or more with #1 setting on 30lb braid pulling Flasher/Fly set up?

Does increase in speed make it go deeper?

Thanks again!

I bought one of these a couple years back. It helps to answer many questions, but there is still room for debate.

http://www.xtackle.com/precision-trolli ... 5QodV1g7vQ

• 2 weeks later...