Cayuga 09/05 Big Bow Pic

Had one great day on Cayuga today with the PA boys :lol: These guys could put some fish in the boat it was their 4th trip and we had a blast. We got started at 7am out of Ithaca and ran up just South of Sheldrake and got set up. The major cold front and strong North/West wind had the weeds blown off the lake. With the cold front we all thought we were in for some tough fishing. We were wrong :D . I ran a ten rod spread of two riggers, down 70 to 80 both with R @ R Razor Spoons the hot color was Grape Pearl and Pink Pearl. On the boards was a mix of R@R spoons, Stingers ( stealie stomper ), and small 3 inch cranks run on Core and Copper. I also ran 4 wire divers two deep with flashers and flys and two in the 60ft range with spoons. All of the rods took fish today and when the guys let me know the final count we had put 25 legal fish in the boat and several short salmon and bows. Out of the 25 only 6 were Lake trout, we had one nice brown, 5 nice bows, and the rest were Salmon. We took one monster Bow off the wire diver out 180 on 1.5. On the scale he bounced back and forth from the high 11 to 12 pound range :o . The fish put up one heck of a fight and couldnt be released so Dan took him to the taxidermy shop. It was the thickest Bow I have put in the boat, on the Finger Lakes. I have had some good luck with R @ R Spoons this month the Razor's run well with the sticks and flashers I run. And like it was mentioned in another post Dave from R and R gave me some extras to try at no cost when I ordered my spoons.

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

Those are some great fish there Sean. Lakers are fun but its always great to get into the bows and browns. I'm guessing that big bow did some good fighting. I lost one at the net fishing by myself on cayuga last spring that would have gone 10+ and it still haunts me lol. great job! 25 fish on a cold front day is just awsome!

Sean, Beautiful Bow. I saw you guys hooked up often as we tried to get ahead of you and into the skinny water on west side near the Boy Scout camp. Thanks for slowing alittle and giving me plenty of room I was hoping you wouldn't cut me short and grab my 450 copper.

Mower

Thanks Guys, will be back out after them on Cayuga wed and thur. Mower thats a nice rig you have. Just give me a shout on the radio if you want to and I will be more than glad to move for ya. We both had the same idea on what water to hit :D . Sean