Seneca 9-11-2010

ERABBIT

Fished from Lodi north to Samson and some back went 9 for 9 6 small lakers and three browns. All (three) riggers , long leads and spoons. Fished with Hoot from the camp here listen to the L.O.U. boys some on the radio............. :P ...............funny stuff......browns were 4#14 oz and the other two were 4# 6 oz...............

Here's Hoot with the browns.............

Copyof2010fishing125.jpg

I was out with a couple of friends. We trolled for several hours. We marked lots of fish at 100' I tried lots of different spoons, sticks and flies with 0 result. I was north of Sampson. We had two releases but no fish. Had two dipseys out and two riggers down. Had a long line with a diver out of the back. Anyway the kids were getting bored with all the trolling so we went looking for small mouth and bluegills. I can't believe the size of the bluegills. One of the boys caught a 21" smallie. It was fun to watch that one come up. It was my first time trolling on Seneca. I'll get it sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going back Saturday. I think I am going to put in at Lodi. I have been trolling 2.3-2.5. I know that's fast for the Lakers and the Browns. I don't seem to pick up the Atlatic's on the flies w/o the speed. I will slow it down a bit and submit a report.

put yer flasher flys 5 to 6 ft back from the ball,dypsys out 220 to 260 ft run the 100 fow 10 ftup.2.2.---2.4will get ya all ya want,,, maybe slide into a little shallower as the temps are droppin .

2.5 setting on dypsy

green on green, maybe the pro/am fly/or a little silvermixed with green fly /mtn dew/w gdeen

I just got back in a bit ago , long day put in 10ish pulled last line at 6:30ish.............I have no idea for sure on the landlocks 10 or 12 and lost atleast that many fish or more. Only 2 legal landlocks in the box with a 17" rainbow and a 22" laker. Put back 5 small lakers and lost a legal brown at the net missed and he came off............I then extened the handle......DUH !!!!! :lol: ..............I ran all spoons off riggers long leads (35'+) with sliding cheaters small alwife spoons were hot and a mid sized glow alwife. Speed at the ball was right at 2 or a tad below on the moore subtroll............. I didn't look much at the SOG on the GPS but I think it was pushing 2.7 to 3.0..................good luck ..........Oh 72' down and 82' over 100' to 175' FOW both sides...............I didn't do any thing on the east side early went across and changed thing up and had a steady pick ocer there but no size boxed the rainbow on the west side. I came back over fish the same water I fished before with these spoons a wacked them on the east side boxing both landlocks and the laker................. :o

Fished Seneca 10-3 and got beat about by 3-4 footers for most of the day. Marked plenty of fish and put out spoons, flasher/flies and plugs at various depths and set-backs, but only got one hit. Most of the marks were 50-90' down, but late in the day started to see them at 25-30 so I pulled the riggers up and used smaller dipseys. Only grab on a dipsey cut the line in about 3 seconds, so I'm guessing it was a pike. Got to pick my days better, because getting beat around by the waves takes a lot of fun out of it.

What part did you fish ?? I'll be back out some time this week if it stops raining...........getting close to closing the camp up..............

Launched out of Watkins Glen and fished from the salt plant north about 3 miles. Really not a lot of reason to move because of all of the marks. Better days ahead.