new or used hardtops.

steelfire

Guys I HATE my canvas and I'm thinking of putting a hardtop on my 19.5' starcraft islander. Is there anybody around that sells used or new hardtops??? used would be better if its cheaper but I will pay If I have too for a new one. Any ideas?????

i;m on the fence too, i think you will want to look out for the weight it may make it top heavy. my boat weighs 4700ish dry

and would probably make out ok as the made the boat in both soft and hardtop ( 21ft bayliner trophy) but i just have a bimini on it now. "great lake skipper" sells hardtop frames. let me know how you make out!

ted

I wish when I bought the boat I would have been smart enough to have one put on. There must be somebody out there that makes a light weight hardtop. I will have to hit all the boat shows over the winter. And i too have extra ballast!! :)

I have an Islander with the factory hardtop. Its not top heavy at all. Although some people think thats because I am to much ballast!! :lol:

Big Dave, where do you launch out of to get on the lake? Or do you keep yours in the water somewhere?

I trailer from Cortland, In Aug I launch out of Mex. Bay state launch. With my new knees I am retired . Next season I will be getting out more hope to see you guys at the Little salmon derby. Hope to get up for browns in the spring.

Mine is an 88 221 I used to fish winh a friend on the "Gas Passer" an old Islander Green and white.

Ok, I was wondering. There are (2) hardtop Islanders around the Mexico Point launch. One is actually moored at Salmon Country, while the other is trailered and is at a house not far from the launch itself. If I had a choice, I'd definitely go with the hardtop next time over my soft top. But, for now, I love my Islander the way she is.