Left dock at 5am headed west mark good bait and fish at 45 so had to start there. Caught a nice steelie on glow frog down 40. Moved little deeper lost a major off my greenglow spin doctor green flie { the fish hit and ate about 12 inches of 17lb line upto the spin doctor. Only out for a few hour doing recon for afternoon run with bro law and kids.

Second trip started about 1:30 head to were I left off no bait or fish moved deep and west off park 60fow marked fish and bait. Little nephew reeled in his first steelie, down 40 over 65. lost a 10-15lb coho right at boat glow frog down 40 over 80fow. Hooked into a screemer, ripped out lots of line 3 ttimes, cleared all lines knowing this was a monster and bro law lost him. First time for bro law and 3 kids, they are hooked even though we lost the big one.

I run 25lb on my rigger rods. Then from the doc to the fly its 50lb Big Game. If your worried about loosing everything you have no confidence in your line and need to get rid of it. The part taking the beating from the teeth of the salmon is what you have to worry about, and thats the stuff from teh doc to the fly.