1989 penn yann 257-price reduced-now $4500.00 - SOLD

keithg

posting this for one of my fishing partners who for health reasons has decided to sell his boat.1989 257 walk-around ,26 loa 8-6 beam,new not re-built crate motor in 2009,5.0 mercruiser,mercruiser i/o.three cannon downriggers,moor subtroll,8 hp merc elec start kicker,tied into charging system,new garmin 5" color fish finder,two stinger planer masts, nice canvas top and sides.surprising amount of room in very deep stand up cabin.stove(elec),stand-up head,small fridge and storage rack for 6 8-6 poles built in to cabin wall.she cruises mid-twentys,tops out at 34 mph with 3 people on board and a full tank.fresh water wash down installed 2009,built in fish box,smallest doghouse i've seen in a while.i've traded rides with dave for a couple seasons now and know he takes great care of his ride.i will add pics. after my next trip to the marina.boat name,It's All Good,can be seen at Mikes Marina in mexico untill they pull her.Dave will be riding with me next year.

owner Dave Kasten 315-451-7109 reduced to 4500. or b/offer. boat is front of mikes marina west,on the trailor, Dave does not want to carry her over the winter.i don't believe no one's bought her yet and 4500. for the boat,trailor, kicker,electronics, etc. is a give-a way price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NADA guide says this boat has a beam of 9'4" (112") and a net weight of 5,100#.

Take the published weight with a grain if salt. My PY 223 Rage is claimed to weight 3.300# but I believe it is closer to, if not 5,000# loaded on the trailer.

(No Hank, it's not because of all the copper in the cabin either ;))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

WOW!, thats a steal for sure. I own the exact same model and year boat. That's worth $13,500 easy. I've fished mine with 6 people comfortably and it takes the waves well. Has stove, fridg. Portable head with sink, 4-5 live wells. Its a walk-around, so on those slow days its great for bass fishing. I've had mine since 1993 and there's really no reason to upgrade. If you're looking for a Penn Yan, that's a great fishing boat.