Canandaigua 10/3

33 Canuck and I started early Sunday morning, fished the south end, westside from the drop off up to Cook's Point, marks from 60'-90', worked through the colors on the wire dipsies with flasher/flies and riggers with spoons. Crossed over to the eastside working from Vine Valley to Whiskey Point. Unable to get anything going we crossed back over to the westside trolling north, pulled up a rigger rod and set out the 300' copper with a mtn dew spin dr and hammer fly. The copper took a shot after 1 minute, and fish on. Kurt worked the rod as we trolled north, I was trying to rerig a wire with the same combo and drive at the same time. The north wind was blowing and gave us trouble, the fish was definitely a good one, and some how between the waves and and the wind the line did something strange real quick and then Kurt was reeling again. Finally as the last 100' of copper was spooling the spin dr surfaced and no fish. Looking at the spin dr it looked as if the fish swam around the front and created a triangle of the fly leader, the leader was rotated around itself 10 times and the fly was broke off. I still can't believe it made such an escape by spinning the spinner and tangling the fly leader around itself. The temp down 70' was 55 in some places and 62 in other spots, where the temp was 55 we marked lots of fish but just couldn't get those bites.

We were back at the dock by 11:00 am.

We fished the north end on Sunday in 80-150 fow from 8:30 to 1:30. Managed to boat one bow and one laker by 10:30. One on a fly about 45' down and the other on spoon 65' down. Tried all we could but couldn't get anything to happen after 10:30.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png