Shasta Lake California Stocking

stan

Well today F&G Biologist Monty, Steve and myself were on hand to welcome the new residents to Shasta Lake, 87,840 King Salmon, all were in the 3" to 6" range and 9mos old.

This is the second stocking in two years on the Sacramento arm of the lake. .Monty and Steve told me , we will have a total of 90,000 for stocking in 2011 for Shasta , which will be the highest number of Kings. The driver of the second truck on the left went to take the surface temperature, to make sure it was safe to stock the fish. Surface temp was at 65.5 degrees and in range of stocking policy. Between this year and last, we have now stocked 143,840 Kings on the Sacramento arm of the lake. The 1stocking was from Sugar Loaf 4 miles south of the years stocking from Antlers boat ramp and only 1 1/2 miles to moving water. Monty is hoping that a number of these fish from today will move north to the moving water. If all goes well, we should see some fish going up river to spawn and for sure in 2012

5wyrd2.jpg

30hpkk8.jpg

28k3p7a.jpg

2mecpw6.jpg

4tmsdu.jpg

15zjnrc.jpg

2llozn6.jpg

5000ex.jpg

2mx0hv7.jpg

2mx0hv7.jpg

qqu710.jpg

6h3n1f.jpg

zsqv4o.jpg

1zqzq4p.jpg

1zp5p8k.jpg

r87dkn.jpg

vfleg3.jpg

67meko.jpg

2wnssrd.jpg

maf1gz.jpg

2j5049d.jpg

9rovfp.jpg

Man it's going to be a long winter now. We had a frost in the city overnight, so I better get out & rake some leaves.

You have any walleyes in that lake? What kind of survival rate does your F&G predict?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Tom

No Walleye any where in California that I am aware of, Nevada and the Columbian River is all I know of. There hoping for a 4% return. A friend of mine said he caught 2 of the little guys, all the way down by the dam and it's some 15 miles away from where they went into the water last month.