Fairhaven/Sodus Camping

Boatino

Sodus does not have a state camp ground. There are some camp grounds around the bay, but nothing on the water. I dont believe Fairhaven has docks at the state park. Anchor resort has some cabins, trailers and such you can rent and stay in with the boat out the front door.

Does anyone know if Fairhaven State Park Campgrounds has boat dockage? If not how far is the nearest marina, can you walk there? Does Sodus Bay have any state campgrounds?

Thanks,

John

http://www.nysparks.com/parks/12/amenit ... ities.aspx

site for Fairhaven, I was only there once last year they have docks/slips not many I was told they were first come deal but if you were there over night they would chagre you.................I could not fine any of that on the site other than they have "Dockage" Dockage.gif Dockage

We kept the boat at the site and launched each day.

Went to Fair haven St prk . for about 20 years in a row bass fishing opening day weekend . They have docks but after a few years I found it way easier to throw it back on the trailer & go back to the campsite.Didn't have to walk & could clean up & restock beer cooler easier& didn't have to worry about it. Great campsite.

SODUS BAY HAS A CAMPGROUND NAME IS LAKE BLUFF CAMPGROUNDS VERY NICE CAMPGROUND SWIMMING POOL, CLEAN BATHROOMS , LARGE CAMPSITES , YOU CAN RENT BOATSLIPS AT FOWLERS MARINA ABOUT 1-2 MILES FROM CAMPGROUNDS PLUS 2 GOOD RESTAURANTS ON WAY TO MARINA , SKIPPERS AND CONNELYS COVE AND FISHING FROM SODUS IS VERY GOOD NEED ANY INFO GIVE ME A PM

Thanks for the help guys. My boat is 30 ft. so trailering is out of the question. I figured we'd grab a campsite in July/August time frame if anything was available, for us and some friends but I'd need a boat dock for the boat. Power at the dock would be great. I thought the Bluff's Park had closed last year with all of the cutbacks?

LAKE BLUFF CAMPGROUNDS IS A PRIVATE OWNED CAMPGROUND YES LAST YR. THEY WERE GOING TO CLOSE THE PARK BUT SOME FUNDING CAME THROUGH IT STAYED OPEN BUT THERE IS NO CAMPGROUND AT THE STATE PARK THEY DO HAVE ELECTRIC AT FOWLERS MARINA ALSO SHOWERS AND BATHROOMS AT THE MARINA IF YOU STAYED ON YOURBOAT