Not a great day at the oak...

The fishing was pretty good, had an opportunity to take out some friends including a paraplegic teenager. We had fun, caught fish. So what is wrong? Oh yeah, A F'n sail boat ran up our butt and ripped my planer board off. We yelled and screamed, and some fat old lady waved back to us, the captain was below deck, NO ONE was driving the damn thing until after they heard my board getting keel hauled. I used to carry golf balls for just such an emergency! I don't mind yielding to these boats, but the driver should be at the wheel. There had to be 25 boats out there today, guess i am lucky he didn't run us down.

I had one come up behind me really close last week. We were fighting a king at the time. He turned when he saw the king jump 30 yds in front of his boat. You should have launched a Thumper meat ball onto his deck!

I think it’s time we buried the hatchet with the Rag-boaters….'bout 6 inches below their water line might be a good place….tsk, tsk… I shouldn’t say that, as one of the most beautiful pictures a fisherman will ever see is a fully rigged sailboat sitting on the bottom in 300 FOW. ;)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I hate those "Dennis Conner" wanna be guys as much as the next guy if not more, but it's not always just the sail boats :shock: :!: When I was out a couple of weeks ago I had a regular old pleasure boat come cruisin by me within 75yds of us while we were fighting a king. I screamed, yelled and waved all sorts of things at this jerk and he just went right on by never turning one inch. He wasn't going top speed but was cruisin at like 25mph. These guys just don't care or understand :shock: :x

Thanks for the kind words, and I love that pic! I just can't believe that guy was pushing 10 knots and wasn't even on deck. We did recover the board, just have to do some repairs. After some beer and some sleep I will be back to normal.