1st Annual Cayuga LOU All

....time is flying and before we know it the TOP DOG will be posting on this site with all the gloating he/she will be able to muster. Is that person YOU?

Fished yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks (I was just trying to give `stix and Hermie a little advantage). Didn't do vary well either :$ , so now I'm getting nervous :shock: ......... Hope I can maintain my composure 8) .

I can't make it this year due to a wedding, but I'll be rooting for you all. Wish I could be there to hear the banter on the radio and at the party afterwards. Watch out for Ray K., he knows that lake like the back of his hand. Try to slip some bananas onboard his boat before he goes out in the morning. Tom will help. :D

Justt a little rundown on what Ive been doing. I havent fished the fingerlakes since last winter. But I have been smokin the fish on LO.In years past what has been working on the big lake works on the fingerlakes also.

Dodger flies have rotted in the water for me this yr and I dont know why. Mag size spoons are already working. You guys with a slow bite may want to try some. The "bite" seems to be accuring a little later in the morn. Say 8 or 9 am its been a waste of time for me anyway to get out early.Probably some of you guys fishing the fingers can verify that.

Due to gas prices it may be a Fishstix Hermit and no Promises team.Thats still up in the air.

Ill be fishing the Pro Am out of Sodus this weekend. Team" Cowboy 37"

Im hopeing for a strong finish.I think we have the salmon figured out but it changes overnight up there.

The fish have been way way out of temp. So fish the fishfinder and leave the temp probe in the cuddy.

If anyone has a picture of Choas , email it to me.

I did a little post last winter about installing a Yamaha HT8 trolling motor. I now have over 200hrs on the motor and it has been flawless.

So practice up ,the big guns are comming down......

Stix, I'm keeping an eye on the fish for us! (Even learning a little LL trolling in the process.) We should be in good shape next month. I'll know where the fish are and you'll know how to catch them. Right?!? :lol:

(Good luck in Sodus!)

Stinger, don't be bashful, you took a three week break so there would be some lunkers left in your honey-holes come August... I see right through your mind games! :D

Thanks mysteryman for the Chaos picture.

Hermit its good to hear from you . Sounds good you find em we catch em..I think Chaos will be checking the board more frequently.

Splitshot nice little reply. I guess the secrete is out.

Stinger Do you need a little help writing the acceptence speech so you can get out fishing again?

Watch out for Ray K., he knows that lake like the back of his hand. Try to slip some bananas onboard his boat before he goes out in the morning. :D

Sounds like we need a last minute rule...........

"all captains/boat owners who's first name begins with the letters N thru Z must have 2 dozen bananas on board from sunrise to 1PM day of tournament. All boats falling into that category will be inspected to assure they are complying with Chaos's new rule."

Hey rustyrat, good question. I vote we can cull boatside as long as they aren't bleeding or mangled. There's a lot of barely-legal LLs out there! Just my opinion though, we'll see what the masses think.

And what is this dialing you keep speaking of? :lol: Care to share? No details, pics maybe?

I'm feeling good too, I got my first trout slam today! No real size but the laker was a bit of a surprise. Salmon (2) program is going downhill this week but a brown, rainbows (2), and a fat laker made up for it.

This picture is for Strike3, who I had the pleasure of meeting today. Nicest fish of the day. Good luck this week!

cayuga_rainbow.jpg

Did a 10 lb laker on sat. Several others in the 7 lb range. Wire wire wire! Can't keep it in the water for the first 2 hours. Yea I had the slam last week too. Thats cool when you can pull it off but the bow was a shorty. I have had a few decent browns too.

Nice fish Hermit!

Unfortunately I'm going to be on vacation for the next 2 weekends so I won't be out. But I'll have 2 weeks to find em again when I get back.

Sawbelly took a 7lb brown on sat evening.

Hermit I'll tell you where I'm fishing if you tell me where you are fishing!

Zeke knows where I am. I don't venture far from my spot.

RR

Sounds like we need a last minute rule...........

"all captains/boat owners who's first name begins with the letters N thru Z must have 2 dozen bananas on board from sunrise to 1PM day of tournament. All boats falling into that category will be inspected to assure they are complying with Chaos's new rule."

Never, put your banana in the refrigerator!!! This is interesting. After reading this, you'll never look at a banana in the same way again.

Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.

Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.

But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.

Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

PMS: Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.

Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.

Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.

Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.

Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.

Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.

Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.

Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.

Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and em otional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.

Smoking &Tobacco Use: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.

Strokes: According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!

Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!

So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around. So, maybe its time to change that well-known phrase that we say to, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"

Hermit in a couple weeks you will learn enough to be dangerous with wire setups.

One thing that has amazes me about bannas is they are shipped from around the world and you can buy them for .39 a pound. Right next to NYS apples at 1.00 a pound. Them folks must have a hell of a system.I wonder if you went to S America if apples are cheaper than Bananas?

My dog like bananas but she doesnt like apples. I wonder if a guy could make banana hard cider? It would be good for you. Ya mun..

Ill have some for everyone to try before the derby.Except me hermit and no promises of course.

www///htp.imagechaosbento{/img}

Cant post the Chaos picture. Must be the filter is working.

BTW you get a laptop to download fish pictures yet?

Chaos only team opening Ive heard about was for a bowboy on a different boat. I dont think you want that.......

• 2 weeks later...

Chaos from what I hear the bite on Cayuga has been slow. Really slow.Ive sent a couple spies out that are in the "network" to see what they can find out. Dont go around asking what the "network" is . Its better for your health. If someone taps you on the shoulder in a large crowd you may find out.OK back to my ,our Trophy.It would be cool to leave it at Bass Pro.They would have to display it in a glass case kinda like they use for the Hope Diamond. In case there are some sore LOU-SERS out there.

The electric converter plug on my wifes laptop is fried.Or else we could have used it. I just plan on getting some ice and my BIG fishbox.Hermit is going to put me on the fish . Yeah Hermit shoot me a PM let me know what time you want to get together.

On a sad note I lost my best two dodger fly combos last weekend.The salmon were showing no mercy. Hermit and I wont be showing mercy either.

Chaos if youe really looking for a ride let us know by July 22.

stix bummer about your flashers what color were they and fly pattern maybe i have one you could borrow ...dont make me go back to abes and ask the 6ft6in owner for some off the wall name you made up im still healing from the last search you sent me on,,,,,,send in a 5ft person to walk up to abe and ask for a purple handjo$.......he did give me a purple eye though!!!!hey if this is a diss to pass (i mean dish) after i get my trophy how we gonna do this ,,,who brings what ive got some mean venison dogs we need a list and a refresher on the rule...s ........specially the start if i launch at deans cove it saves me 45 min to a hr from driving to the point nix the last ill do the drive .....

Just a reminder that we have trophys for the first and second place

kids,(donated by Traveling Man) we'll do this by the weight of one fish.

What kind of cut-off should we use for the age? Anyone that does not

need a license under 16 would be in the kids division?

Also Capt. will retain the cup until the following derby, have plaques

for 2 crew members.

Trophy will be on display at Bass Pro in Auburn later this week,

thanks to the efforts of Chaos.

Barney will be doing the weigh-in for us at Long Point.

Any other comments, suggestions or members that want to sign-up

please let us know. Chaos and I would like to thank all of you that chipped in for the trophys. And thanks to Chaos for getting this thing going.

Splitshot115

I covered something? Was it raining? Well that's good, I just gave Splitshot a bucket of pennies (maybe a few dimes mixed in) and said "use it for something shiny."

So hey that bucket weighed about as much as a keg, that's probably why I'm off the hook for one of them. For the other two I'll just pull a stunt (or not) I witnessed (promise it wasn't me) in college...

Beer delivery truck drives up outside a bar. Kegs go in the basement, there's a door hole in the sidewalk. Anyway he pull out a few kegs and sets them on the sidewalk near the hole, goes inside to the basement to unlock the hole.... yup you guessed it, these two guys come along and pick up a keg! Zip around the corner they go! I know they were stealing the beer but it was pretty funny to watch this whole thing. I couldn't tell if the delivery guy ever figured it out either. (Living room window faced the street.) Anyway...

I'm going to need the next week to find the fish... lots of lakers recently but the trout and salmon have (almost) disappeared on me.