Autopilot question...

I know this topic is getting old, but I'm going to bring it up again. My buddy wants to put autopilot on his Lund with hydraulic steering. He loves my setup.. Smartpilot on mechanical steering.. plus the price I paid (about a grand). But this obviously won't work on his. Everything he's looked at is at least twice as much. All he want's is something to hold a straight course. He doesn't care about tying into his GPS or plotting courses. Any suggestions? Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

nothing fance for me as well, point, hit the button and forget about it... I'm using a Raymarine, have had no issues in four seasons with it, holds a very acurate course even in heavier seas,there are several manufacturers out there that make a suitable unit for what he needs,wants out of it....good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I've had both on my lund. I had numerous problems with the Simrad. They backed up their product but it was a pain in the ass bleeding the system. I sold the Simrad & installed the Raymarine which put mechanics into the hydraulic system. PM me I'll let you set my set up. I'm in Vestal

Ken

I have Kevin Jerge from Wilson Boat Yard coming down with in the next 10 days or so to install a raymarine on my boat. He'll most likely do it in my Drive or at my shop depending on weather(both in the town of Maine near the airport). Your welcome to stop up and chat with him while he's here? He is a straight shooter and won't sell you more then you need.