cayuga 4/18

fisrt of all, hello to all you fellow fisherman. it was a long cold winter, but spring 2011 is here! i took the family on a nice cruise through the carribean on sring break for some much needed R&R, but now its time to get serious and fish! my daughter and I hit the water around 8:45 monday morning on the south end of cayuga pulling sticks behind boards. the whole end of the lake looked like chocolate milk, so after a couple hours of no action we decided to follow jennings upto toughannock. only managed one laker on a spinnie/fly with 240ft. of wire out. trolled down to meyers pt. where we took a nice brownie off the rigger down 40ft. over 120fow. only other fish was a small L.L. south of meyers. just three fish for the day, but it was good to get on the water. boat and equip. worked well, exept for my washdown pump must have froze and cracked over the winter. I also am having issues with my auto pilot. seems to be the compass doesn't want to work. I'll be on the horn with simrad about that. Until next time, safe fishing everyone. Dave

:yes::yes: for taking the kids out! Hopefully you have better luck with your equipment this year, i remember you having bad luck last year with your probe and lower unit if i remember right. We haven't been after the browns yet, but have been having fun with the lakers. We should be out this weekend. We'll probably stick to the north side, but you can try us on 68 "Quality Time"

dave, i had problems with my auto pilot (simrad) found a broken wire inside the compass. was realy quite simple to fix but you need a very small souldering iron.. if memory serves me right it would only change the degree of heading by turning off then back on. was a true night mare because it would work to hold a steady course IF THE WIND WAS NOT BLOWING....... works great now!!