Niagara river marina / boat slip

If you wish to be in the river, Fort Niagara has public ramps for trailered boats. The south ramp (upstream one) is best and can accomodate large boats. Cost is about $10.

Upstream from there is Petroy Marina, located in Youngstown. There you can rent dockage. Josh Stack @716-807-9406 can provide more information for you.

That's all there is in that area on the US side. Many dock in Wilson and Olcott and make a run to the river from there (12-18 miles).

Hope this helps.

The $10 is launch fee. The gates to the park are not manned at this time of year, but expect someone to collect launch fees @ 5 AM. during the Derby. Border Patrol and Park Police monitor the park, and park hours are dawn to dusk. You will not be able to leave your trailer / vehicle there overnight without getting a ticket.

Youngstown has a village ramp next to Petroy's. Meant for small boats. No parking nearby for your trailer, but some vehicle spots on first-come basis. Trailer parking located at village lot 1/2 mile away. I've seen vehicles and trailers parked at Petroys, but suspect they belong to Petroy customers. Youngstown is a small community, with all available waterfront developed. Food and lodging is available nearby. No water access upstream of Petroy's, developed to river mouth (3/4 mile).

Some LOC fishermen stay at 4 Mile Creek State Campgrounds, but it has no launch or docks. They trailer back and forth to Fort Niagara or Wilson daily. Wilson has a NYS Park (Tuscaroura) with a launch into 12 mile creek. State launch fees apply. A good ramp for big/small boats, but dawn to dusk operation also. Food and lodging in Wilson, but limited and 2 mile drive.

Ollcott has a town launch (fee) and is 18 miles from the river. Excellent for large boats. Not familar with food/accomodations.

All three areas have excellent fishing. Offshore fishing starts in Canadian waters and progresses east towards Ollcott and beyond as the season advances.

Give Josh a call for details if you want to be close to the Niagara.

OK, we are going to be there in the middle of May after the LOC and Wilson Inv. Should I expect someone to be there to collect the fee? I don't mind paying it. I just want to know if I need to be looking for someone or if I can just drive in and launch. What is there at 4 Mile Creek State Campground for lodging? Is it just camping?

If the booth is not manned, it's OK to just launch. Entrance to the launch area passes a booth- if unmanned, drive past, go down hill and turn left for the better launch. Not as complicated as it sounds.

4 Mile is a campground. Bring your own accomodations. Hook-ups available for RVs and motor homes.

Lakeview Motel, located on Lake Road between 4 Mile and Wilson, has accomodations for rent. Many fishermen use it. Can accomodate your trailered boat. 716-791-8668 for details.

Ontario House, in Youngstown, 716-219-4073, has rooms for rent that many LOC fishermen use. Just outside of Fort Niagara, and across street from entrance to Petroy Marina. Caveat: no parking for a trailered boat on property. There is a village lot not too far away that you could use for free, but it is on a village street and unsupervised.

Any other way I can help? Call me at home 716-282-5278- Don Supon in Niagara Falls, NY.