First time out 2011 Awesome fishing. Winning!

Fishing Report :Mexico

Your Name / Boat Name:Gotta Bite

Date(s): 4/22-23

Time on Water:2:00 to7:00 / 11:30 to 2:30

Weather/Temp: cold / windy / rainy

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: 1 or less

Surface Temp: 43

Location:Little Salmon to Salmon River/ Catfish creek to High Rocks

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 15

Total Boated:12

Species Breakdown:11 Browns 1 king

Hot Lure: SS Gold Gobie/ SS Gold Perch/ Perch Rapala

Trolling Speed: 2.4-3.0

Down Speed: 2.0- 2.4

Boat Depth: 10-20 FOW

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got into town late Wednesday night welcomed by high winds. Planned on getting the boat ready to put in. After a day and half of prep work we decided to hit the lake around 2 and headed north out of the LSR and stayed in 10 FOW and we were able to pick up 3 decent browns on the Gold back Gobie with half the paint missing from last season. It didn't seem to matter to the fish. I was also running Perch Rapala's of the OSPs. We ended boating 2 more browns. I ran a small dipsey off braided line only 30' back and took a wicked hit while trolling off the mouth of the Big salmon rod danced a bit and snapped my 10lb fluoro carbon line like nothing. Drag might have been set a little to tight. We fished until 7 trying to get tha last fish to go with no luck.Angryskiesmexicobay42211.jpg

Limitofbrowns42211.jpg

Saturday morning we woke up to high winds and heavy rain and the banging of a screen door. We more or less wrote off the day. Decided to go back to sleep. I got a coffee and headed to the launch to see the lake calm and parking lot half full. By the time we go the boat ready to go we were fishing around 11:30. We decided to try Catfish creek area since I heard alot of fish being caught in that area from the people We talked to the night before. It paid off. We had a fish every troll through 15 to 20 FOW off the mouth. 3 of the fish came off the riggers with the SS golden cupped perch and one off a silver backed Monkey puke. We couldn't get the Golden backed gobie when they are almost identical. We even landed a small king. It took a liking to the perch rapala off the OSP he ended up getting all 3 treble hooks in him and decided he'd be better off in the cooler than belly up for the sea gulls. The other 2 browns also took the perch rapala. We ended up landing 7 Browns, dropping a beautiful steelhead at the back of the boat and another brown off the side of the boat. We had another rod fire when we were clearing the rods and getting ready to head in and it was another brown. We put him back since we had the limit and had to head home. The work weekend turned out to be one of the best fishing weekends we've had on the lake. I hope this is a sign of things to come for the 2011 season. :yes::yes:

easterweekendlimit.jpg