Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

did 2 trips on Wednesday, should have been done in 30 minutes or so, hit 8 fish quick and landed 1, that's the way it goes sometimes, it slowed up after 2 passes and we had to work for them. the wind started up mid morning and turned them on a little to help, very happy clients, double digit fish.

Afternoon trip, set all 10 rods and hit a triple first thing, got them all. wind shifted to the wnw and helped turn the fish on. Hit 20 some fish, landed 2-10 lbers and a skinny Atlantic. Wow, last year we landed maybe 15 atlantics in the spring and none were long enough. This year we've landed around 10 and all were keepers except 1, nice...

I've add a pic of some of the lures we've been using all spring, the metallic green smithwick has been hot at times the chart. smithwick is a custom paint job and that was on fire early and still takes a fish. The other ones a Abu Garcia lures, and they work very well all the time, they have a very aggressive wobble and loud rattle, they work great in dirty water. Oh, and they run very shallow.

====================

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

Dave...When you say Abu Garcia lures do you mean the Tormentors? Also, what kind of depth were you fishing?

John

Yes, I mean Tormentors, I wish they still made them... I have been staying in shallow, You have to find them, tuesday morning we hit the big Atlantic and then nothing for awhile, then we went back to the dirty water and worked it and started a nice pic. My buddy has been doing well deeper in front of catfish/high rocks.

Tormentors, You can find them on e-bay. But they are from europe. :@

Yes, and Malaysia. My buddy ordered some from there and got screwed...

Notice the front hooks missing on the smithwicks. We remove the front hooks and nose split ring. That front hook causes you to bring the fish in sideways, even a small brown sideways means lots of time to get it in. The split rings on the smithwicks are weak and will cost you fish, they open up after awhile. The new ones are better but we replace them all the time..