Seneca 5-25-2011

2nd shake down , talked with jason and indian was also out there..............picked up on LL about 17" misse some thing in the same area. The fished west side for a bit picked up a small laker.......all spoons long leads 17' and 40' down.......changed out battery while I was out there and hooked wiring up for sub-troll............lost bottom reading with the Hum'nbird out over 520+ feet bout came back......worked Ok on trip back across...............then ready to call it running big motor two rostertails from new transducer...........got back in and found the 200/83 transducer bracket BROKE....cheesy plastic..........bolt goes thru with a allen head one side plastic insert on the nut with built in not holder.........I think when I used this to tighen down the transducer it stressed it and broke/craked under pressure but did not have enough pressure to flip it up.......... :(

Hey guys, thanks for the radio check in the AM. We got one small LL on a stick bait back 100ft on the lead core, other than that I have pretty much all nice clean shinny spoons, washed em all....lol! We tried everything, dipsys, down from 40ft to 100 ft in 100 to 200 FOW....noth'in...nada.... ;(

Thats why they call it fishing and not catching I guess, still a nice day to be on the water.

If you continue to have trouble losing bottom with the Humminbird, change your transducer setting to deep salt water. I bought a 788c a couple years ago and almost threw it in the lake several times because of that. Sent it back to them three times, and finally one of their reps told me to change to deep salt, no problems since.

Kyle

Thanks guys............good info Bobber Thanks ,

I contacted H.B. yesterday by e-mail off their site not answer yet on the braket breaking..............I wish I had check better on this before I went with them didn't relize that Johnson Outdoors own them. The way they ditched the parts for older Cannon riggers still does not set well with me...........I know some on here say hey it's a "NEW" owner and they are supporting what they make NOW...........I say they BOUGHT the name with the GREAT support they had in the PAST so CHANGE the name and do what you did !!!!

For what it's worth...I didn't have any problems with their customer service. They were more than willing to stand behind their product. It was the lack of knowledge that was the problem. I would call and describe the issues I was having, they would have me change different settings, and ultimately have me send it in to them for testing. Went thru this three times, every time it came back with a new transducer, and I still had problems, it would act fine for a while then bottom reading would go nuts and eventually just quit reading bottom. After the last time, I called customer service and demanded a new unit and the gal asked me to describe the problem. I told her the whole history and without hesitation she told me to set transducer setting to deep salt and it would be fine. She said it was a known issue with them. I was pretty po'd that it took that long to get a hold of a knowledgable rep., but it has worked like a charm ever since. The first time I had problems, I called while on the water, and they overnighted a new transducer to me thinking that was the problem. I would bet they will ship you a new mount without questioning it. Good luck.

Kyle

We got back out today , I had those plugs put them in it cut the rostertail down a lot but still have one hitting motor half way up on the housing............adjusted the deep salt setting ( after loosing bottom again ) on the way back across didn't find it at first got the book out needed to be in advanced mode work fine then.................went 4 for 4 on lakers nothing big 20" to 24"ers.....

Out for the derby today , I forgot to say the sub-troll quit on me yesterday.................today out of the gate the TrollMaster messed up could not get it to cut back only wade open.................we went 11 for 14 today 9 lakers , small land lock and a rainbow. All spoons...............then my digi troll II went nuts looks like a crazy clock had to bring ball back up by hand !!!!! :devil: ....... ;( ......came back in and Carols puter sh*t to bed also !!!!

I didn't know Carol played Golf! Go figure!!! Sounds like you'ld better go back to anchor, threaded sawbellies, and slip sinkers!!!! Pwr is back on here. Gotta go pluck some Y bones out of 3 Pickeral. I see Stanley Steamer still has that 3 mile smile!!! :clap:

I contacted H.B. yesterday by e-mail off their site no answer yet on the braket breaking.......

E-mail sent on : May 25, 2011 2:25:39 PM

HB reply on : May 26, 2011 5:58 PM

They answered the "roster tail" question..........nothing on the bracket breaking.......this was off their site where I have both units register. They have ALL my info and I was told to CALL

Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. I don't like calling on the phone because I can't hear that great................calling now see what happens...........

Just got off the phone.......... :devil: .......that was fun !!! Over 20 minutes on hold listening to the same SH*T over and over. .....get a real person hard to understand repeat and asked them too also...........give my name so they know about me ????....after bracket is addressed I'm asked for my mailing address ???? that they should already have ???/....... anyway they are going to mail new braket to replace the "CHEESY" one that broke ( wonder if this one will also be cheap) , they want me to take pictures of the transducers on back of boat and mail them to this guy and see if they can figure out why I still have a small roster tail...............more to come ............

Noonish on 6-01-2011 took and sent pictures of transducers to HB.......no reply YET !!!!!

6-04-2011 new in the box transducer bracket came in the mail ( same as the cheap , cheesy one that broke).

I got out for a bit yesterday will Bill and his two boys. I had tilted the transducer back some so I thought it would trac the cannon-balls. Only fished close with stormy looking skys and three rods in the water........got a false bottom reading or the cannon ball closest to the transducer.........made tring to hug the point a ball-bouncing time.............picked up one dink laker for the youngest , then he was cold............did a little casting and came back in.............put the transducer back where it was.................never heard back from HB on the pictures I sent them.............no BIG suprise there !!!!!!

If it's not raining in the am I'll be heading back out solo !!!!!!!

6-16-2011

I got out solo for a while today.

Put the transducer back where it was worked OK today. I gave the quadbeam a try for a while could not get it to read for sh*t , went in and changed it ti deep salt water seem ok now....why would you have to do that ?? to get the darn thing to read wright !!!!!!!........anyway picked up one 23" laker and a alwife...................48' down on the laker out in the middle of the lake messing with the HB units , looked back and rod was up !!!!!! Good thing that was it !!!!....... now the door for the cards will not close ( small wire and piece of plastic broke ) will not beable to use unit in the rain now !!!!! What next with these !!!!! Still have not heard back from them on the rostertail problem !!!!!!......

6-18-2011

Carol made it out today first time this year. She brought me GOOD luck for a nice change nothing broke and the fish were willing to bite. We went 6 for 10. 4 landlocks and two lakers , spoons , riggers , 38' down and 51' down nothing on 3 color core or the 5 color core.......