Canandaigua Derby

I heard of some mid 15 lb lakers and a 13+ lb brown and a 6+lb bow. Haven't seen pics yet tho.

Here's a rainbow caught during the derby on Saturday morning....went 7+ lbs. on my boga grip...probably shoulda weighed it in :( Oh well....was successfully released though...

IMG_5417.jpg

If you can't read the leader board the wining fish were 15.6, 2nd 15.2 and 3rd 14.1. all lakers. the browns were 13.65, 2nd 10.10 and 3rd 9.25. the rainbows were 7.0 2nd 6.45 and 3rd 6.25. the lakers were 11.95, 2nd 11.4 and 3rd 10.75.

We ended up with a good weekend finishing 2nd in the rainbow division. We flat out hammered the rainbows on Sat. with 11 rainbows caught and 5 over 5lbs. we also caught a nice perch on the boards and 6 lakers, biggest laker was only about 5 lbs. Sunday was a lot slower and fish moved south. We ended up with 2 smallies, 2 pickerel, 2 lakers and 3 rainbows. We had to move about 3 miles south before we found the bait and bows from Sat. most fish taken by spoons from 5-35 feet down over 35-90 fow. We again could not get the laker program going, but all the rainbows made up for it because each one put on an aerial show! Anglingdaddict, looks like we were fishing the same area from your picture. That area was loaded with some real nice bows!

leader_board.jpg

satcatch.jpg

bobrainbow.jpg

grandparainbow.jpg

CDGA Troller - We did 21 fish in the boat on Saturday morning...left the water when the lightning came. Did a lot of rainbows up top...that area had a bunch of nice fish. Wife lost one that was prob a solid 8 or 9 at the back of the boat. We also lost a HUGE laker that hit a spinny and fly off a mag dipsey. As it came to the surface the mouth was as big as the ring on the mag dipsey....I ended up somehow knocking the fish off as the hooks got caught in the net bag on the scoop...totally my fault and I feel terrible about it. We had that mag dipsey firing for lakers down deep, but only had that one decent laker on all day, and couldn't get the riggers to do much at all...tried long leads, short leads, spoons, fly's everything...but just couldn't get anything consistent going for the lakers as well. Fished a slide diver up high on the other side for bows and browns along with the boards...We did a bunch of smaller lakers to about 6 pounds up top also....the real disappointment was the browns...we only got 1 all morning. Glad you guys got on the board!