Canandaigua Derby Sunday

Fished with Paul aka Chuck527, Sunday morning was cloudy surface temp around 61, we fished an array of leadcores off of inlines, 3, 5, 6, 7 colors, spoons and sticks were tried, Suttons 44 taking 2 bows off Paul's 6 color was a good set up, bows were 2-3 lbs, released safely. We had riggers running spin drs and flies that took 2 lake trout, one off of a white crush glow spin dr and blue fly, the other off of a gator spinnie. Lakers were 4 and 5 lbs, I had fun running one side of the boat while Paul ran the other side. I tried all my fave spoons off the rigger, then I had to ask for a spin dr and fly cuz my side of the boat was kind of skunky smelling until I went through Paul's flasher and fly boxes. The rigger was down 97' when I finally washed that skunky smell off with some fish blood. I was able to run 3 and 7 colors on the starboard side off online planer boards without tangle, ran stacked rigger rods with spoons and even tried out and down with #0 black dipsy and spoon out 70' then stacked 25' above the ball, no hits but it was fun to experiment. We jigged north of Hawkes Point and Vine Valley after trolling then tried jigging in the north end out from dragon wall. Jigs were quiet for the crew but Paul did get 2 hits before we called it a day.

100_1848.jpg

100_1849.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_1846.jpg

100_1851.jpg

100_1853.jpg

100_1852.jpg

Thanks Tom. Mike, it was nice having someone run one side of the boat! Fishing was steadier on Saturday till the storm. Everything seemed to drop a bit in the water column. Saturday the three colors I had out the chute took all the Bow hits and Sunday was the 6 color on the board, ...which was our hot laker set on Saturday. Still a good day on the water and sad to see my vacation end. Noticed a few flees starting to show up Sunday. Seems about a month later this year than last with the cooler temps.

Hi Brett, congratulations on your 2nd place rainbow. I was only out on Sunday, Paul told me you were calling me Saturday, I heard laker taker hailed many times, new baby at home has limited my outings. Boat is still dry docked waiting on canvas repairs shop.