I have heard guys can see fish on the fishfinder and watching them come up and have a look or swim behind a lure for a bit. How can you tell?I never see any fish moving up or away from the graph. what type of graph do they have?

If your marking fish below your rigger line or in your screen you will see a mark go in a strait line or come up from the bottom and it stays in the beam of the transducer like it's following the riggers.It doesn't have that sad smile like a regular mark.Most of the fish finders will show this if your plotting your rigger weight.

couple things to help ,make shure your fish ID is off with eagle and bottomline this makes your ability to mark "hooks" and lines (fish) much better,make shure your ASP is off or as low as you can set it and still show good screen,,,,,SENSATIVITY as high as you can without dotting up the screen,,,,, the last setting i can think of this early i just dicoverd last week on another boat is go to black background (nightscreen) now this last one you might want to wait till you get used to the (hook) screen,,,,, most units will advertise HIGH speed well if you ant shooting through the hull(fiberglass only) it usually is pretty hard to see fish at speeds above 10mph some people with smooth bottoms (the boats bottom tom)can get a decent picture above that its 7 mphish on my boat alum. with rivets.. also if your not interested in the high speed stuf keep your transducer flat or 1 click back towards the balls with 200kh and you might see a follower ior the hookup ,,,niow thats fun .. thats where a 50kh (wider cone)payes for itsself...................................theres that guy waving again in the last photo above ,,fancy sunblocker (towel) Mark ,try a strip of "S" clete dblside taped to the top of your unit and slip in a pice of thin cardboard (ceral box)trimmed for screen or use duct tape (if you can find some)

I have an LCX25C and it makes a huge diffrence when you can see the fish zoom up and either hit or swim away. If there not hitting, i pop the boat into neutral for about 10 seconds and that will usually intice them a little more.

Hey erbyjoe, nice to see you on another sight other than fish lake winni!! :D