Cayuga 6/10/11

Dad has gone out I think twice on his boat this year and was skunked both times so I had to break the ice for him. :D So I took himout fishing for about 4hrs out of Deans with his boat! Dropped down the riggers first, something I don't ever do and while I was setting up the dipsy's wham bam fish on the rigger parked at 60ft with a chickenwing spoon. Just a a 5lb laker but a good start so I thought. My plan was to travel south out of deans and then head straight across to longpoint. Then north past Aurora where my honey was then back across the lake and South back to Deans. Well fishing was not to bad until I made it North of longpoint traveling that route. We picked up 6 fish, 1 weighing over 8lbs before hitting longpoint and then just like that not a single fish until we got back to Deans which I picked up a small LL. So we were 7 for 7.

Dad was happy as could be :) but I just could not believe I made it through my honey whole with out picking up a single fish that we did almost 50 fish a week and half ago. ;(:o I ran 2 dipsys and 2 riggers. Riggers took 6 fish and wire took 1 but the biggest fish. I just could not make my wire move. Riggers did well between 40 and 60 down. Best 2 spoons were chicken wing and Watermelon.

I will be back out Sunday morning after I get out of work with a bunch of my old high school buddies. Should be fun. Hope to see you guys out there.

Sorry I did not take more pics but here is dad pulling in his big laker. I forgot to take a picture of him holding it. Next time.

dadreeling.jpg

Sounds like a good time with Dad to me! As Ben said, the north end concentration of active lakers will start to dissolve very soon, it's time to really start watching down temp for masses of cold & warmer water and begin to search the mid lake areas.Without having been out since the B&B, I would imagine that the lake is trying to set up and will probably change a lot from day to day, especially if the wind is variable. -Andy

It was a great time! I'm going to have to get him out again soon. His boat does not have a probe or I would have been checking that out. Surface temp varied from 61 to 67 in some areas. Its warming up quick especially with yesterdays N wind. Tomorrow I'm going to launch at Myers with my boat and travel N to taughnock at set up and see. We fished that area late april this year and did ok on ll's but the lakers were small. I'm optimistic especially after reading Seans report for today ;)