Lure Depth: 25 to 40 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

IMGP0019.jpg

IMGP0021.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

IMGP0036.jpg

nice catch, I see you holding that giant fish up in your kitchen, I don't think it's a good idea eating Salmon that large out of our lake though to be honest. The amount of mercury and crap in a 19 lbs fish is highly above our recommended intake. I guess once in a while won't kill you though.

For what it's worth, a number of friends and I work in the Environmental Remediation business. One of my friends used who used to work on the Abatement side before he switched over to the Consulting side where I am (albeit for a competitor of ours) is a regular on my boat. Several years ago John was working on a project for the US Army Corps of Engineers on a cleanup of an old Manhattan Project research site for most of the summer. All the while he was working there the entire crew was tested daily for mercury amongst other environmental pollutants they were cleaning up to make sure they were not being exposed to any of the nastiness they were cleaning up..

That entire summer, all the while that was happening, he was eating mature Lake Ontario King salmon that we caught on my boat, and not once over the course of that summer with daily testing, did so much as a trace of mercury (or any other compound that these fish are supposed to be loaded with) register in his system. You would think if the level that those CYA fish advisory statements would have us believe actually existed in these fish, SOMETHING would have registered.

Don't necessarily believe everything you read coming out of your government's handbooks, they, by their very nature, will exaggerate the crap out of any potential hazard so as to insulate themselves from any possible liability.

Enjoy the bounty of our wonderful resource without feeling guilty about it.

besides, you don't want to be one of those so called health nuts, all they do years down the road is look foolish as they lie there, dying of nothing :lol::lol:

Tim

Howitzer ---- please post the reports and studies you have done or have read that support your High Mercury level,and dangers of eating a 2 to 3 year old fish.

Thanks

Ray K.

PS the real danger of a 18lb salmon in my house would be my wife ...............Bam Wack, :lol:

OPPS : almost forgot "great job on the fish" Yer smile says it all congrats to ya all..

psst a properly cleaned salmon is safer than 98% of the fish in most stores.

Hi

Thank you all for you comments and information

All I know is that the Salmon tasted amazing! The meat was firm, pink and tasted very yummy indeed. However I did avoid drinking a can of coke with it so as not to overdo on the pollutant levels......just kidding

Have a great day

M