St Lawrence Fishing report

Went out Saturday june 18 fished Carleton island we caught 4 pike smallest was 19 inches largest was 31 inches, all on crank baits all casting toward shore.....all fish were caught in about 4 feet of water. We fished Grindstone island buck bay, caught a bunch of largemouth bass back in the weeds, no pike......moved on to Delaney bay also on grindstone Island, caught 2 small pike about 17 and 19 inches both skinny, and several largemouth bass, largest was a little over 3 pounds.....we left there and went to french creek bay....struck out there, saw absolutely no signs of life except carp. Went from there and fished the shoreline back toward Carleton island, tons of panfish, a few smallmouth......then down near the lighthouse i hit the homerun i was looking for...4 pound 8 oz Smallmouth!!!! A true trophy! I got 2 pictures of her, and back in the water she went...... gotta say, many fish seemed spooked...saw at least 10 pike and they looked totally uninterested in anything we had to offer them. many bass just cruised on by as well. Calm water with blue bird skies makes it tough...especially with that clear water......All in all though the fishing was decent.