Seneca out of Sampson 7/1/11

Left the gates with an :@:@ toward Lowrance. They sent me a new HDS 7 after mine took a dump back in May and every time I take it out the GPS does not work and I have reprogram it to start the GPS but this time even that did not work. But after a half hour it just started to work out of the blue. It needs to go back to Lowrance but I don't want to give it up cause I do not have a back up ;(

It was a slow day for us but we caught some healthy lake trout. We took 3 home that were 4 to 5lbs and through the rest back. We fished shallow and out deep. Surface temp was 74 to 75. Down Temp varied but 40 ft down it ran 56 to 59. Before we packed up while we were over deep water I noticed a lot of bait up top and I had a hunch. So I through an R&R spoon out. Wam bam. 17" Bow. :)

seneca7111.jpg

1seneca7111.jpg

2seneca7111.jpg

3seneca7111.jpg

Was that your same unit you got back or did they swap it. If that is another unit you might want to check to see if you have a bad plug wire or other electrical problem causing the issues. If you can find an old AM radio you will pick up the static from a bad plug wire. I would check ripple on your dc voltage. Take a voltmeter and check on DC volts with the motor running That should be 12.5 to 14.5 volts. To check ripple set the meter to AC Volts. Once you get that reading call the factory to see how much AC ripple you can have for that unit. Ripple does not hurt for lights, pumps, motors but can raise heck with electronics. Wes

They swapped units out. My other one they said was bad. I never had a problem with the other one untill it would not power up. :( I should not have any voltage problems since I converted my charging system to the alternator but most of the time I just run the kicker. I disconnect all the power in my boat at the end of every trip, but if I leave power going to my Lowrance then it seems to have no problems. I'm 100% sure its the unit. It just has a problem enabling the built in GPS receiver. So I always have to go in and enable it and it takes time to configure.

The Lamprey went back in the water after it met the guillotine :devil: It should make a a seagull very happy :lol: