Fishing Report

LongLine

Launched at 5:30. SE Wind & clear. Dredge heading out & toward the East.

7-1-11A.jpg

Headed out Slightly NW to 85 & set up. Lot of bait in 120-160 FOW down 75-90 Ft.

Ran into this shaker at 75 over 145 on DW Dolphin:

7-1-11B.jpg

Of the 11 little guys so far this year, 8 have had adipose fins. I’m really wondering if something’s going on here. I mean I know the DEC trailer has great QC & all, but 8 out of 11??? Plus the fact I haven’t seen any Kings over 10# in this area all year?

Anyways ran in to this chunker at 115 over 155 FOW – Bloody Blk/silvr R&R

7-1-11C.jpg

Found a major N-S scum line at W33.38 Down temps goofy to the west of it. Steady 45F down 100 East of it. Kind of interesting.

Off at 12:00, Dredge coming back in. Ragboats on the way out.

Ramp antics beginning. (Guess it’s summer time) 3 guys futzing with their boat on trailer at the 1st ramp so I pull into the 2nd ramp; tilt engine, make sure everything is off, move the rods, box, antenna down & he moves over to the 2nd then asks if I’d move so he can use #2. Okay, no biggie, I’m easy so I move over to #3 & tie up & go get the truck. A girl & 2 guys launching one of those ski-doo thingies in #4 & can’t open the console under the wheel. (How do 3 people fit onto something built for 1?) As I’m walking up, a guy pulls into #1 & another pulls into #3 & #4 ie truck cockeyed into #4 & trailer partially blocking #3. Both parties have to get explanation from security guard on how to use the parking/launch machine & the schpeel about being checked every hour. I squeeze into #2 & back down to get the boat. The guys at #2 dock now have their boat backed into #1. (Guess they were afraid to go in reverse straight out?) I have the boat on in less than 2 minutes & look at the ski-doo thingy and the 3 of them are in the water- Guess 3 really don’t fit on that thing. Oh well, that’s why I like to get off the water by 11:00.

Luck to all.

Tom B.

(LongLine)