Your Name / Boat Name:Gene Shenk/ Freedom

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):7/5

Time on Water:1pm to 6 pm

Weather/Temp:a little breezy and 80°F

Wind Speed/Direction:west 5 to 15

Waves: Any where from 1 to 3 and even flat for awhile.

Surface Temp: 70°f

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated:7

Species Breakdown:Lakers and teenage kings

Hot Lure: White spinny with a all white atomic fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2 was the best

Boat Depth: lakers 90 to 120 and the kings 150 to 200

Lure Depth: 105 FOW

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS Well I had to shake off the fact my Dad is no longer alive to fish with me and get the boat wet for a way over due shake down. I was able to take a good friend and his son out and the boy caught his first laker and his first king 15lbs so mission complete. Today no real problems with the rig except I donated a DR ball to the lake but there were many smiles on the boat to make up for it. Well loosing my favorite fishing partner over the winter sucks but this is a good start to getting back into the swing of things. Being a middle of the day shake down trip I did not expect much but it turned pretty productive and after beating up a few lakers i could hear my Dad saying push out, drop the ball, find the temp and get those reels screamin! Thanks Dad!

====================

Nice job Gene, so sorry to hear about your father. I was just talking to my son about how my father used to take us to the Adirondacks starting out at the age of five. Those were the best times of my life for sure. Well I'm glad you got to get out fishing and had some luck. Take care.

Tom

Thanks Tom and Scott it was a perfect shake down trip with some decent action and now that i got the ball rolling there will be alot more trips rest of the summer. Dad was a great fishing partner but it looks like my 11 year old son will be a good replacement and I know my dad will be very happy to see that!

Thanks Tom and Scott it was a perfect shake down trip with some decent action and now that i got the ball rolling there will be alot more trips rest of the summer. Dad was a great fishing partner but it looks like my 11 year old son will be a good replacement and I know my dad will be very happy to see that!

No doubt!

Nice post :yes: keep that 11 year old close and enjoy the fun of teaching him what grandpa taught you when you were a youngster. It's great to see the generations come and enjoy the simple pleasures of quiet times and stories told. Your dad will live on in him through your experiences with him. I know because I have done that with my son and sometimes I think my dad is in there somewhere, just by hearing some of the old sayings my dad had that my son picked up from me. It's uncanny to say the least, and it always makes me stop and look at him as if I just recieved a blast from the past. He looks at me and says "what?" , I just say "ya know I've heard that somewhere before" and smile. He says granpa .

Now he is 24 and its hard to get the time we used to have. Enjoy those youngins as long and as often that you can. Tight lines Gene, and fish hard and often. Thanks for the report and sharing. :yes:

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks Mark he is a great kid and he realy loves the outdoors. I am taking him to N Carolina so he can shoot some deer with his grandpa's 270 and then next year he will be throwing arrows at them with his new mission bow here in NY. Somedays the trolling gets a little boring so i usually tell him to invite a friend and that seems to keep it going. I can only hope he keeps the passion for the big lake. With the fishing being this good and all you guys helping with tips and reports how can he not want to go!