tite lok triples reviews???

i used tite lok triple tree with dipsys but they twisted alittle and when you go to pull the pin to adjust them or flip them in the spring loaded pin would get bent to beyond use where you would have to replace them. they are expensive to replace...might be able to use a heavy nut and bolt to replace that pin. I wouldnt buy them, i had better luck with plastic rod holders.

I've used Tite Loks for a bunch of years and like them...but not for Dipseys.......I have Tite Lok triple trees but replaced one of the rod holders with a Berts ratcheting holder for dipsey use.......the trees go into a track... easy on..easy off

Joe

I ran the tite loks for many years, on 2 differant boats, I ran dipseys out of them no problem. Mine were not the pull pin, but the screw adjustment. They did twist a bit with the wire, but all you needed to do was take them off the base, and tighten the screws in the bottom. I have since upgraded to the berts adjustables, and GL Planers triple trees. I would still be fishing the tite loks if the $$ was not there to buy the new stuff. No complaints here.

Capt. Rich

Would invest in something a little stronger. I had Tite loks that came with the boat and they are good for planers but would not go as far as dipsy's. Several(all) height adjustment thumb screws were bent and a couple of mount bolts were beat as well. This year I bought Big Johns rod holders and am very happy I did so as my rod holders wouldnt have lasted this year. Dipsy's just put to much stress on those rod holders.

The investment on new rodholders were worth every penny considering the price of a dipsy/spinnie/Atomik fly, not to mention rod/reel.