Hot Lure: dreamweaver spook/42nd

Trolling Speed: 2.4-3.5

Down Speed: 2.1-2.6

Boat Depth: 85-250

Lure Depth: 30-75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took the week off to do a little derby fishing with my Fiance. Her 1st trip to lake Ontario.

Needless to say she is hooked! Started off Saturday and most of the week between red barn and Wilson in 85 FOW with riggers down 57 and 69 dipsys with spinnys out 190 to 200. Took fish on all sets with the deep rigger doing the best 42nd cheated with a green dolphin. After a 12.5lb, and 17lb king she took a little break then grabbed the rod for a couple steelies and coho. We ended up boating and average of 20+ legal fish/day and countless shakers. With the best day being Tuesday boating 33 and all species but an atlantic. Picked up and released a couple of atlantics on wednesday 12lb and 15 lb.

The Northeast wind pushed colder water in Thursday/Friday and pushed most fish high in the water. Ran riggers 30-45 FOW for best results. Bigger fish came a little deeper.

My brother and a buddy came up later in the week and our best fish was a 24lb king that took a green spinny with a green fly. We had at least 1 screamer get the best of us each day. 3 pulled split rings, 2 broke off, the rest charged the boat and shook off. :devil: (new rule on my boat DONT TOUCH MY DRAGS!!!)

Our best fish were a 12.5lb brown, 15 lb atlantic, 12.3 lb steelhead, 24lb king, 8lb coho and maybe a 7lb laker. An excellent mix of fish for us. Released all but a few for the freezer that took hooks too deep, two browns, 11.6 and 12.5 my buddy wanted to mount and the steely for the derby.

Also met Tim from LOU at the cleaning station. Nice to meet you Tim.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the information gathered from this site. LOU is the best source of information a troller could ask for. Hopefully I can contribute to the cause in the future.

Jeff

0709111414.jpg

0705111208a.jpg

0702111326.jpg

0705111325.jpg

0703110946.jpg

0705111130.jpg

Thanks guys, I was very happy with the weeks results. I forgot to mention we only ran 4 rods all week, 2 dipsys (1 braid and 1 wire) and 2 rigger rods. Usually try to run more rods but end up with messes so figured we'd keep it simple (yet another tip from this site). Ended up with 6 or 7 triples and multiple doubles on 4 rods. Also got a bunch of doubles on cheated lines (mostly shakers). We did have a coho on and 2 or 3 others chased the cheater to the surface, that was pretty cool.

Also the fish in the fuzzy picture is a brown. All the browns came at or very near 100 FOW.

Jeff

great report and awesome pics. My other son and I were there again at the same time as you and did o.k., just not as well as you and your new first mate. It's great she enjoys it as much as you. We did not stay at the Lighthouse this time so prolly why we didn"t run into you. I'm heading up for the last time sat- thurs. The weather looks like it's setting up pretty good .Can only hope we have half the action you did. Will write a report when we are home .Later, Donutman