Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure: white on white green on green flasher flys, Mtn. dew pro troll and Big Weenie pole dancer, Dirty white boy and various black and silver colored Stinger sting ray sized spoons.

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I was up with the family on Jul. 2nd thru the 6th and they headed back home I stayed behind to focus on getting ready and scouting for what would be my first time participating in a fishing tourney.I fished with friends and family on those days and we caught fish every day it was a blast. The on the 7th I fished solo for the first time which was an adventure and it kept me busy with rods firing and trying to steer , fish and net the fish (no auto pilot). Most came on light lines and spoons. The fleas weren't bad at all. Went 5 for nine loosing to nice browns at the net and 2 acrobatic steelheads. One was a pig and was sure it would have made the LOC board. 2 throw back skippys and 2 kings and a brown. Went out with our Team Capt. Jeff "Empty hook" Waner and we were on kings right away. We would throw all back, to continue in search mode for the opening day. Other spots did not prove as productive as the first few but we felt good about Saturday morning. The first morning found us back at our spot in shallower water but with good temps. Flasher and flies off the riggers were taking the hits. It was your meat and potatoes white on white/ green on green. we had 3 teenage kings in the box within the 1st hour. We trolled out a little deeper after the bite shut down. The waves were rocking and rolling us pretty good. Our observer started chumming and we picked up a smaller but legal king, maybe it was just a coincidence, :lol: That was it for awhile. We headed back into the shallower waters that are known to harbor good numbers of browns and we picked up 2 more browns and that was it unfortunately. We didn't know how the other teams would fair with the water being rough. After the first day weigh in, we found our selves in 11th place. Not good, but I knew we could do better. We returned to the same place where we started Saturday. It was shutdown completely. Slow start and we headed to our other marks from pre-scouting and we would have a steady pick all morning. Most fish came on the meat and potato set ups in the morning. Once that high sun came out we broke out the Mtn. dew flasher and Big Weenine pole dancer which started taking hits almost immediately. We went 2 for three on that. Then the salmon bite shut down. We moved back to Brown trout waters again and switched over to spoons and our light line rods. We took a hit on the slider and it got off. The the other rods fires and we're fighting a steelie who was putting on a show. Then the center rigger fires and its taking alot of line. We have 10lb test leadered down to 8. Are wondering if we are going to get this in or not. This 18lb king things he's a steelhead and goes airborne a time or two. After a battle that seemed to go on forever, we boated the king. Just one more to box out, but it just never happened. We didnt want to chance getting a DQ so we headed in. After it was all said and done we ended up finishing in 8th place which put us in the money and prizes. It was alot of fun and made some new friends. Looking forward to next years Oswego LOPA. Thanks to Jeff "Empty Hook" and his excellent driving skills and boating skills in those rough seas and putting us on the fish as well as Tom "Fish Checker" Smith, and his fish landing and netting ability depending on if I was fighting the fish or netting it we didn't lose a single fish at the boat during the tourney. :yes: It all worked out in the end.

Outdoors033.jpg

Outdoors032.jpg

Outdoors028.jpg

Outdoors046.jpg

Great Job guys!! I felt bad that I couldn't talk to Jeff at the Awards, but I was kinda stuck in a conversation when you guys went up to collect your check. Congrats on a great finish....that AM division has some top notch teams and getting in the money is no easy task.... :yes:

Thanks Rod. Unfortunately I didn't stick around for the awards ceremony. I had to pack up and head back to Pa. I was up for 8 days straight and had to return my in-law's camper and a lot of unpacking to do for work the next day. :( Jeff called me while I was on the road to say we got cash and prizes. I kind of wish I would have stayed, but we weren't sure if it was just top five or top ten. Hoping for a top 5 placement next season. I did briefly talk to one of your team mates since you guys were sponsored by Jon's and Big Weenie I was curious to see what was working for you guys. Take care maybe I'll see you on the lake. I'll be back up in two weeks maybe for the LSRC. Not 100% sure I'm doing it yet or not.

thanks for fishing with us Chris, had a great time with you guys. I have to say i was proud of you guys on the rods never dropped a fish this weekend. in the waves that was tough. had to thread the needle a few times around rods and riggers but you guys always managed. we had our bites that was for sure just not hooking up on the free sliders for the brownies for a full box both days. looking foward to next years tourny. good luck and see you up there!