Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: Many

Total Boated: Most

Species Breakdown: 19 Major kings, 1 nice atlantic, lots of steelhead, several browns, several lakers and fewer skippies than usual

Hot Lure: Green E-chip with Sweet Pea fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.0 to 2.1 and 2.5 to 2.7

Boat Depth: 130 and 200 to 300

Lure Depth: 90 to 125

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Breaktime fished his boat on Friday evening before I arrived. He did 8 adult kings in 2 hours in front of the Plant. We fished the Dapper Dan on Saturday and had a good day on large kings, We found them between the watch tower and Oswego in 200 to 300 FOW and then again at 130 FOW in front of ALCAN. We boated 9 for 12 on the big boys and threw back a number of teenagers, skippies and trout. We lamented that we didn't enter the Pro Am because we had a box that would have place high in the standings. Hit the water on Sunday morning on Breaktime and filled our box again with large kings. This box would have cemented a high finish in the Pro Am. We may enter next year. We kept 5 large kings and a 9 1/2 pound steelhead. We fished the same water as we did on Saturday. We turned a double and one tangled the 300 copper. While I was working on the mess, holding the line, a 3rd king smashed the lure. Can you say ouch? Power Pro cuts your finger when you are holding it when a mature king swats the fly! We fished Monday morning on Dapper Dan and came up a fish short. we were 5 for 6 on large kings but reserved a space in the box for a derby fish. We trew back a number of keeper kings and steelhead but never did find the derby fish. Can't fill the box every trip! Breaktime was working a 15 lb king when the other rigger fired. It was a nice 20 pound king with a wild streak. He jumped 2 or 3 times and then charged sideways and tangled a 450 copper and a 10 color. We got both in the boat and then started untangling the FUBAR. I was still working on the mess when a dipsy fired followed by a rigger. That was the 2nd double in a row while the FUBAR was still trailing behind the boat.

I would appreciate it if the tan boat who made off with my 400 copper, Pro Troll and fly in front of Oswego on Saturday would return it. I miss the $50. Lukily, I needed to drop a chummer off in Oswego and St Peter's Outfitter had another 400 copper on the shelf so, it was back in action in an hour and took some more fish. After dropping the chummer off at the pier, I decided to make a pass through 130 FOW between Oswego and ALCAN where I had good luck several days before. The crew complained all the way into the zone but as soon as we leveled off at 130 feet we nailed a tripple on large kings (450 copper, rigger and a dipsy). They quickly stopped squawking. It was a great weekend which resulted in 19 for 23 hits on large kings and a good number of trout and teenagers. I manged to break a new Okuma Blue Diamond rigger rod while popping a rubber band release. I do hope the warranty covers it.

We found 2 decidedly good speeds. We took good fish between 1.8 and 2.2 and then again from 2.5 to 2.8. The middle zone didn't seem to produce. We caught several on spoons, blue dophin when bright and moonshines when dim. Most of the hits came on flashers and flies about equally mixed between E-Chips and Spin Doctors. Green paddles and white worked well and Blue Bubble, White and Blue Dolphin Spin Doctors produced. 400 and 450 coppers were effective while the 600 was silent. It really seemed to be a rigger bite for us between 90 and 125 down depending on light and temperature conditions. Riggers produced 1/2 of our hits while coppers and dipsies shared the rest. Dispies were from 275 to 350 back.

The last 2 weeks have been so hot I can't pass up the coming weekend.

Man your reports have me frothing at the mouth. I am wishing my summer away hoping my trip dates arrive soon. You guys have had a great yr so far and I hope it holds out until I at least get a shot at a few, lol. Keep posting as it gives me hope that the fishing will continue to be good until I arrive (as long as the reports are good). I think it is time you started to enter the tourney's. You certainly put fish in the boat.

Spike