Lake Erie out of SBH about 6 miles out...

Mark Komo

Mark- I run 30# braid like Rebs. I can get to at least 90' with my Walker Deeper Divers on a 0 or 1 setting. I went out of Dunkirk on 7/10 and had a bare screen-thats why I went to Barcelona. Biggest fish came on a home made rig- NK spoon in watermelon with hook removed-attached to a 1' lead and a watermelon crawler harness on lead core. 9 1/2 and 10 1/4 #.

Walteye

what size NK spoons are you using ahead of your harness ? I have been using larger 3 1/2 inch spoons and may try some smaller ones.

Rebs-same size. I also have smaller stingers set up that way but nary a nibble. I never used them last year cause the Chatterstix were going great for me-2 years ago I used them with little success. Gotta keep changing up until the fish tell you to stop-and start hooking!

Walteye

BTW-the 10 1/4 # eye was caught by my wife-I could tell it was a good one by the way the pole was bent and her complaints! She tried to hand the pole off to me but I just shouted encouragement to her! When a steelie took the same lure later and ran the inline under water-she wouldn't take no for an answer on that one!

Walteye

• 3 weeks later...

There was a school this side of Pt Abino but I haven't been out and do not know if its still there. The school in front of the condo's I believe has moved and might be out deeper.

Third day in a row of winds and rough water. I doubt the lake will be calmed down by tomorrow Mark. If the wind stops I would say maybe Friday or Saturday