been fishing pretty well for the last 2 weeks lots of fish. went out today and hooked 1 ripper on the wire and that was it for screamers. picked up 2 lakers and a 1 lb king , yes a 1 lb king. been fishing roughly the same location and lots of boats around,not much chatter on the radio or wet nets, did something change with the north wind blow?? being a rookie to the lake makes me wonder if i was just getting lucky the first 2 weeks.. i know i have to put my time in and thinking that down speed/temp could be much needed.do love beeing out there but rods going off alot better with the price of gas!!!

I dont know how far down you were fishing but the two lakers should have told you temp was high. Yea we all have bad days. Its part of the challenge. I fish the south shore of LO andswe had more of a NE wind Sunday it slowed the fishing alot. Our Honeyholes from SAT were empty and we basically had to ride around till we hit a fish then ride around some more. Catching fish for a first timer is excellent but you still have to put your time in. Yea down speed and temp is important but its only part of the whole puzzle. A puzzle I hope I never put completely together.

T-Burn

Frustrating sometimes isn’t it. Don’t get discouraged. I sucked wind on Sat & had a tough time too & I’ve been fishing a little more than two weeks. It’ll get better pretty soon.

If it’s any consolation, the lake in the center of the S shore is moving around quite a bit. I think we’re due for another upwelling pretty soon. Check the other reports - Billy V in Fair Haven got them deep in the column over deep FOW whereas Reel Drag had a ball on the bottom in the shallows off Sandy & Fishstix nailed them shallow in the column over medium FOW out of Hughes.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ps – We’re all “newbiesâ€Â

thanx for the pick me up guys, talked to 2 other guys that were out of rochester sunday and slim pickn,s for them also. those first two weeks were awesome at least in a little while we all know where they will be!!! boy this is all alot of fun, sure beets reeling in walleyes on erie, but those salmon sure don,t taste as good. the old sayimg holds true, a bad day fishin beets a good day workn,tight lines and drags SCREAMING!!!!