Hemlock 7-23

Did an early morning trip 5:30-10:00... solo with the beagle... and the dog days are here!! Did three fish-1 Pickerel, one 4lb laker and a 4-5 pound rainbow. Bow hit the cheater 17" down the laker was down 60' over 88 fow...nice temp 33' and down...started to warm at 9:30... so off it was!!

Just finished eating him!!!

Good luck... stay cool!!

Chuck

rainbow7_23.jpg

Hey Chuck nice rainbow!! Thanks for a Hemmy report, not seeing many and not seeing many trollers the 2 times I went down there.

I have only been down there twice and could only manage 2 small lakers and a giant brown that flopped off behind the motor. I was wondering if you have heard any dissagreements over leaving the larger 10plus hp motors on the boat while using a trolling motor or kicker for power in there?

I have heard it was ok from the City of Rochester and not ok by other fisherman that saw me there with the 30hp johnson hanging but not engaged. I use a bow mount 80lbs terrova to motor around but leave the 30down for a tail rudder..works perfect.

Them bows are just awesome!!

Chris

Mr. WE-My guess on the boats that are still there on Aug. 1st that the state will show up with a flat bed and bolt cutters to remove those that are still there....

Chris not sure where the state is on having a motor lager than 10 hp and not using it....I remember that the city approved it, but thought that the larger motor had to be out of the water? I am seeing mostly bass/pan fishermen as well; it has been tough fishing all year....and has gotten even tougher recently!!Chuck

Hey Chris, From what the Dec told me in bath. The way they have it worded is you cannot have a lager than 10 hp in your possession on the state property. I have a 40 hp with 6hp kicker on 15 ft boat with prop off they said no way.Can't have that bigger motor in my possession on the property. So i am fixing up a 14 ft aluminum with 6 hp.

Thanks guys, I am outta there for the summer at this point. Summer slows in there are painful!!

I like the restrictions in there , who wants the bigger tourney boats around there :@

The big lakes are calling now the fleas will be gone soon.

Good luck guys :beer:

Woody, you guys should be out pounding sharks now!! Tim's websight looks great :yes: