Fished the Little Salmon River Challenge on saturday. Team Empty Hook ended up 17th place. a great day to be on the water, the day started off slow with a small king and steelie landed. we kept heading North toward sandy pond area and found the kings in 165 fow. the dipsey were the main go to set up with a green spin/hammer fly and a white echip with hammer fly. riggers that went where a white echip/ glow white fly and a green echip with glow green fly. the small fish hit spoons down the shoot. we boxed our limit of 9 fish and headed off the water by 9:30 in the morning. a nice tourny and thanks go out to mike and beth of mikes marina, Rich D, Ron J, Chris Y and so many ohters for putting it on. congrads to all that placed and hope to do it again

doubledipseys.jpg

double on the dipseys

leaderboard.jpg

junk207-29.jpg

Trout One won it.

We were only able to do 4 Salmon and one guy on the boat wanted fish so I filleted them before we headed in.

Bill that fillet board I bought off you is great with a few modifications to the mounting system. Saves alot of back pain compared to doing them on the side of the boat and is alot safer in choppy water.

Glen

Guys I will post a pic of the boards tomorrow, I have not slowed down yet from this past week. I am actually going to be able to fish on my boat tomorrow, it has been over 3 weeks since I have seen it, let alone been on it. It was a great, I know there were some ups and downs, but what can you expect for the first year. I was expecting 40 boats, but we had 96, so things got a little hairy for a while. I promise things will be much smoother next year. Again, thanks to all that participated, we are giving 778 dollars to ELOSTA to give back to the fishery.

Rich