Cayuga 7/27

launched at long point yesterday for my first fingerlakes trip with my new boat. ran about a mile south and set up in the middle on a south troll. our goal was to hook a nice rainbow so we had all spoons set up on light leader. parked the riggers at 58 and 68 along with one dipsie at 175 and a 10 color leadcore on a board. hooked a few small salmon on the riggers and also hooked a large laker on a slider all in the first hour. also landed a 6" rainbow! decided to make the run down to t-falls and set up just north of the point. hooked several lakers and several salmon in front of the point out deep. one laker was on a dipsy with a rapala flat rap that almost took the rod out of the holder. i grabbed the rod as it slipped out! our biggest salmon was around 3lbs and most of them were on the deep riggers. sliders were pretty quiet. flea were a non issue and the weeds were not too bad. ran into some south of sheldrake. lots of bait out front of t-falls. nice day on the water. best, mark

P7270492.jpg

Mark, good to see the new rig is at home in the Fingers :yes:

HM we use the Scotty Power grips for copper & core out on the boards (remember; only clip to the power pro- never the lead or the copper)

thanks guys. plenty of good fishing to be had out there! hannah, i was running leadcore off the boards, gets it out of the way. of course i didnt catch a thing on it! i use the large scotty releases. there cheap and work good. best, mark