Lodi or Watkins glen

Any fishing report good or bad is better than none..............that said where ever you put in I think the west side will have fewer weeds unless we get some heavy wind out of the N, NE then it will be a coin toss !!! :yes:

wife and i just took a ride outa watkins bout noon basicly solo she dont fish :( ,but she let me run 2 rods for 1/2 hr heading up the middle I got 4 small leagle landlocks before she needed some speed :D so we crused up a bout glen eldrige ,where the allagator tears took hold ;( so she let me troll back to hector and i did 3 more but loose weeds were messin with me lots of good marks all over the bait tons of that still..gotta be some good fishin in the am ..cant really help as this was my first trip to seneca this year......but them pan fried 19in ers will have me back for a couple evining trips..

why dont more women fish?????

i have a heck of a time getting my women friends to fish... :no:

and my guy friends, wives, dont care to have hubby spending day with another woman.....

- I can understan that -

You would think a chic with a boat would be able to find plenty of fishing partners... :o

ain't the case...

tho my dog is great.... she can't steer the boat!

me_and_seka_first_day.jpg

Report. We left the landing probably at 6 15 in watkins. We trolled north, the weather looked nasty, but it did not deter us. Went as far north as atwater winery. All I know is we could see it. Not anything, then we had one reel mess up, whch okuma is going to warranty, so it was out of function. So we made a long turn and went back towad watkins with the one rod running copper and a flasher and fly, which we had just changed to. After about 5 minutes, we caught a very nice lake trout. That was around 9, so we started back in so because we both had to go to work. We have to get a good fish finder so we know what we are doing. We will get it figured out soon I hope. Maybe it was the weather? Down south a front like we had this am makes fish feed. But we were both proud of the laker we caught.

Report. We left the landing probably at 6 15 in watkins. We trolled north, the weather looked nasty, but it did not deter us. Went as far north as atwater winery. All I know is we could see it. Not anything, then we had one reel mess up, whch okuma is going to warranty, so it was out of function. So we made a long turn and went back towad watkins with the one rod running copper and a flasher and fly, which we had just changed to. After about 5 minutes, we caught a very nice lake trout. That was around 9, so we started back in so because we both had to go to work. We have to get a good fish finder so we know what we are doing. We will get it figured out soon I hope. Maybe it was the weather? Down south a front like we had this am makes fish feed. But we were both proud of the laker we caught.

Good job.... :yes:

I will have to start checking that out. Seneca lakes is so big, I think it makes it own wind. While we were trolling, we would go through spots that were almost white capping, then as we kept going, it would settle right down. wierd. Another thing is, I was keeping my hand in the water and I was amazed by the temperature fluctuations on the surface of the water. That has got to effect the fishing.

Yes you get a themo wind...........the bigger the temp drop durning the night from the high the more wind the next day........comes in up here around 7ish and is done around 11ish................I don't see much surface diffents , have seen some cold spots running probe.......pee bucket..... :lol: .......pay him no mind he'll help ya just as much as mak'n fun !!!! :P

The wetaher may have stirred the lake up pretty good as a front was coming through while we were out. Probably messed the fish up too. Nope, no pee bucket. That is a new one on me. Us southern boys can pee out the side of the boat without getting a drop in the boat. :rofl: