Finger lakes question

Our annual trip to Oswego is coming up and we thought about hitting up Cayuga for a day. My question is should we bring lighter gear than is used on Ontario or is it pretty much the same? We have 30lb test to combat fleas and spin doctors and flies with a bunch of spoons as well. Back home our line and rods are much lighter and the spoons much smaller as well when fishing for lakers and LL's. Should we be downsizing from the lake O gear when hitting Cayuga?

Also wondering if anyone ever yanked for lakers there? We will troll .8mph and pay out lead or copper line until we feel our lure twicthing bottom and yank until we hook up, usually pretty quickly. Wondering if this would work there or are fish typically suspended over deeper water?

Basically looking for some advice on targeting the fish there, no specific spot just techniques and lure/gear sizes so we are not wasting our time.

I read dipsy's are pretty popular, do people use copper there as well?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Spike

Lake O gear will work for the most part. Minor adjustments are all that are needed. You can pull copper along the bottom, but having done both myself I prefer to fish suspended fish with at least an 8 rod spread that covers the water column in the target range for a varied catch of landlocks and trout. (depending on how many anglers on board, 2 rods per person). PM me and I will he glad to fill you in on how I do things, and what colors have been putting fish in the boat for me. I'm sure most of the users of this site will do the same for you also. Great bunch of fishermen on this site. :yes:

Also wondering if anyone ever yanked for lakers there? We will troll .8mph and pay out lead or copper line until we feel our lure twicthing bottom and yank until we hook up, usually pretty quickly. Wondering if this would work there or are fish typically suspended over deeper water?

Lots of copper pullers in my camp here on Seneca , some also pull out deep with fair results.......just a heads up both lakes have a ton of zebra mussels on the bottom all the way out past 100'.......so they have a "good" or should I say bad feel when there hook gets jammed up with a zerba mussle..........