berts ratcheting rod holders

I have berts track on my boat with the polished metal ratcheting rod holders for my diver rods. I saw online and at the store plastic ratcheting rod holders by berts. they felt pretty heavy like they could handle divers at half the price of the metal rod holders. My question is if anyone has used them are they any good for divers? I was thinking about getting them for planner boards and/or down rigger.

I just broke a Scotty rod holder that seemed to do just fine for a dipsy diver rod. Plastic is not metal.

If it is for a rod that goes to a planer board line you should be fine,if it is an inline board you should not risk the rod,reel and fish

I have berts track on my boat with the polished metal ratcheting rod holders for my diver rods. I saw online and at the store plastic ratcheting rod holders by berts. they felt pretty heavy like they could handle divers at half the price of the metal rod holders. My question is if anyone has used them are they any good for divers? I was thinking about getting them for planner boards and/or down rigger.

Spends the extra $$$ you wont be sorry...

Yeah I'm gonna pick up 2 more metals rod holders this weekend. At 80 bucks a rod holder I was hoping I could go cheap. I know if I were to get them id loose a rod and then blow a gasket. Ill just stick with the metal ones. Thanks for the input guys

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I second Jeb, ordered 2 more for my tracks a couple months ago, stay away from Plastic for dipseys!!!!!!! Unless you have spare that you want to throw away watching your dipsey rigs going for a swim. Good Luck

Capt. Rich

thanks guys, jeb thanks for the link im gonna order some from them. looks he has all sorts of goodies for me to order. Man that berts track is nice with them ratcheting rod holders I saw cannon had the same or similar product out I didnt really look into it but any reveiws on that...are the rod holders interchangable with berts? Im also thinking about adding a small piece of track up in the front of my boat for a net holder so its not getting tangled up with my rods or trampled on the ground.