Took my sister out on Lake O for her first time. Trolled everything I had in the box and came up empty. Fished from 50 to 360 and had two hits on the dalmation spinny w/hammer fly but nobody home. We wanted to stay longer, but the heat got to us. We even duct taped umbrellas to our seats to get out of the sun. Kinda looked like the Culhanes from Hee Haw. :shock: She said she still had a good time and wants to go back again though. The fever runs in the family. :D Maybe next time.........

I will be taking my son on his first trip to the Big O. We will be on the lake next weekend. I hope the fishing picks up. He is 7 and talks about fishing more than me. He wants to catch a KING. Can't wait to see his face if we do hook into one. :shock: Any advise will appreciated. Fishing down riggers, dipsey's and copper.

Well, any day on the water is a good one, eh? Skunks stink but then again stink happens sometimes, esp. when it's hot. It was a little slow a couple days ago but I thought it would have picked up. Is the good temp still around 60-70 down out deeper? The last day I was out (wed) the riggers were dead for us.

Chief....the fish are there, and will be there when you arrive. You live within a half hour of me, so pm me and though I don't know all that much, I'll do everything I can to help you get your son hooked up on some Kings....If he's anything like my son, he'll be begging for mercy after the first couple screaming runs.

Either way, have a great time out there with him!!

Rod

Ray,

My son gets out of the truck with his vest on, dosen't take it off, even when it's not needed, until the boats back on the trailer . He will also tell anybody what they need to know about launching and retrieving boats. He a 7 year old expert (in his mind.)

My son liked Magic cards. So I hide several packs around the boat. When things got slow I would send him to get something and he would find one of the packs. He had a goodtime. 8)