Owasco 9-11-11

Launched out of the south end, the fog was pretty bad so slowly moved out to the drop off and got set up with 12 color,300 copper, down riggers one parked at 65 and other at 51 with cheats, 1 wire at 260 and two rig rods .... Worked the middle heading north with tons of nice mark from 160 to surface but didn't even get our first fish til 7:40, not sure if it was the almost full moon the night before or the recent weather systems???? But once the bite started it was Lakers here and there all day .... We had 3 decent lakers by mid morning so switched the program up to strictly fish for off fish searched and worked hard for one but never got it... Oh well finished 2nd in our tournament with 3 lakers totaling at just under 21 lbs .. What a beautiful morning it was and overall good day of fishing... :)

Mike

9_11_11_016.jpg

Great morning sunrise pic

9_11_11_020.jpgbox full

Box full of Lakers

Nice job out there Mike. Wish I could have been there but with as much fishing as I've done this year I figured I better make my youngest sons first soccer game of the fall season :yes: No regrets there, they had a great game :yes: Just by looking at your spread I know what side of the boat you were fishing :lol: Big question is did your dad out fish you with his set up or did you finally sway him to your way of thinking :clap::lol: Congrats on 2nd place :yes:

Mike, we ran 3 rods off of downriggers (no cheaters) and 3 rig rods. Since you only had 17 lures in the water and we had 18, it's no wonder we beat you! (our seven pound 'bow didn't hurt either).

I'm not sure if this 3 rod rule is a blessing or a curse- it's alot of extra work.

See you on Keuka- farm pond home of the two pounders.

Nick, the spread caught about equal amount of fish an seems to be working out well... Walt... I figured that extra spoon was what did it. Congrats on the win and yes see you on the farm pond next Sunday... Real nice Bow by the way!!

MIKE.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png