lake erie - dunkirk

times two

Had a good report for yesterday and today, so I headed out with my son

and Capt. Bud (Alibi) after work today. Got 75 perch in just over 2 hrs.

I don't fish for perch on Lake Erie that much, so this was a pretty darn

good evening. And we got a 14" perch, which was the biggest perch I

think I've ever seen.

Live minnows from Hogans Hut on Chautauqua Lake. 65 fow just east

of the harbor.

aw man ,the first trip i ever took to erie for walleye was in late september and i did really good,with many bows and walleyes,not to mention i had the whole lake to myself.

So i see your post and its about PERCH, Rats..

I dont get it seems like free time is a thing of the past, from over 100 days a season fishin ontario (maybe 20 this year) ,,usually 5 to 10 trips to erie (none this year),10 to 20 trips to salmon river a norm (2 this year)................

Geese maybe i need to hire myself out as "fishing guide"...............

I only hope i can get cought up with all these heating systems BEFORE hunting season..

....................................................ARRRRRRRGH.....................................................

Ray:

The walleye kind of tanked on us the last few weeks. I'm still holding out for

1 more shot this weekend or next, but with a great report on catching, plus a 10 year old perch maniac; we had to give it a go. Plus they were darn good tonight in a blue light beer batter :)

John

Walleye on Lake Erie are everywhere, the problem is landing them. Harnesses, stick baits, lead core, inline planers, snap weights, $1,000 graphs showing them 30 to 40 down, dynamite and the results suck. Plenty of perch and good eating also. Gasoline costs are down also.

Yea jim it ant the boat gas but a 320mi round trip to get their and back. Guess ill have to sit out another year.. Ive got some of "alibies" home made harnesses that always produce.

Maybe if we get a little indian summer Ill take a 2 day trip out.

Ive been doing 2 heating systems a week ,with my son back to collage its gettin tuff to catch up workin alone,my back and knees are also screaming for some R&R....

Hmm maybe im gettin old......... :o