Oneida 10/9

Miss em

Hit the water at 11 to try to some perch around Shakelton. Never found them, never had a bite in an hour and a half on minnows. I know, I suck. Decided to go for a troll outside of 121 and 123 and ended up with two walleyes around 18" and a bakers dozen of nice perch in an hour or so. Fish came off the riggers running a $1000 cheater rig with #7,#9 amd #11 perch (the new lighter perch color) rapalas. Take a 12 to 14 foot cheater leader, hook the cheater leader in your release at the ball with about 4 foot to the cheater release. Run the #11 rapala back 100 feet and hook on the cheater release. The perch seemed to love the rapala right behind the ball. We ran the ball two feet from bottom. Both walleyes came on the back plug. Ran this rig one day in late June with the rapalas on one rigger and worm harnesses on another and couldn't keep the riggers in the water - walleyes, perch, sheephead, smallmouths

Maybe something different for some of you trollers to try sometime.

IMG00054_20111009_1635.jpg

High level Lantiegne secret! Originated on Lake O. Buddy of ours won a bunch of $1000 a day checks with it. Run your attractor/ fly as I described on the cheater back 8 feet from the ball. Run a spoon back as far as you want on the main line. Deadly setup for a small boat guy with limited riggers that wants to add some flash into a spoon spread, especially a spoon spread for July Browns. DOOOHH! Did I just say that! No inheritance for sure now.

Increasing the tension to the ball doesn't cause the liberator to release. I experimented this year with both sliders and fixed (rubberband) cheaters. They both worked ok but I managed to fat-finger most of my attempts. I'm going to use the liberators next season and hope they're more idiotproof.

The Liberator locks to the line really well and you can load up your rod as much as want.

The Liberators have been run for over 20 years on the Fish Doctor and we have had great luck with them. If the fish hits the back lure you can release the Liberator against the rod tip and the leader and all will slide down the line. When we are using lighter line we will reach up and release it by hand and sometimes just take it right off depending on what the fish is doing. Do yourself a favor and run a nice heavy swivel on the Liberator end of you leader. Seems to help it slide down the line.

There is a cheater leader video on here.

http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/templ ... ctor=video