Chautauqua 10/30

Hit Chautauqua yesterday , morning temps in the low 20's and the water temp was 49.8-51.0 range.Only managed to put one in the boat kinda weird day fog didn't lift till after 11:30 , had half a dozen follows until the fog lifted and then it seemed to just shut down.It wasn't until 4:49 pm when I finally got one to hit with only 6-7 feet of line , but at least I avoided the skunk.

Got to met "wet the net" on the water yesterday , another quality LOU person , stay after them ED!!!

PA300034.jpg

Hey Dan,

See what happens when you call it in early. I went zippo for the day. I was just pulling out of the marina when you were pulling this one into the boat. Nice fish.

Thanks for the Lunge Lumbers. I gave the perch and bass pattern a hell of a work out. They look good in the water. I'll be at it again this coming weekend. The forecast for temps this weekend look a tad bit warmer than yesterday. I'll be beating the water to a froth.

Sometimes ED it is just a matter of persistence , even on the toughest day if you just keep castin' you are bound to find at least one.I have this little voice in my head(this is a symptom of my musky fishing addiction) that pops up when I think about calling it a day before sun down that says , "the next cast could be the ONE" and I keep castin'. This doesn't always pay off but more often than not it does!

Dan, what gloves do u use for casting this time of year? Went out last week and it was 25 degrees in the morning and my hands were freezing. Had to take a break every 5 casts to warm my hands up again. Just curious. Thanks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Dan

Yesterday was a very humbling experience. A three hour drive through blinding fog and every overpass covered with black ice made for a white knuckle ride. Then the dense fog on the lake, 23 degree temps and a stiff west wind made me wonder what I was doing there :( ............................but now I can't wait to get back this coming weekend :) . Hopefully my back and my spirits will hold out for the whole day.

Hey Chad , the best gloves I have found are called Ice Armor they are a 100% waterproof ice fishing glove.The standard Ice Armor gloves are available at Gander Mountain they are relatively thin and very warm they also make what they call Ice Armor Extreme (not available at Gander) which are thicker than the standard gloves but have more insulation and most importantly 100% waterproof. I carry a couple extra pair because the outer shell will hold water , and change them about every 3-4 hours.

ED - Don't let those fish get you down , some days can be very mentally and physically demanding to say the least but you just have to keep your nose to the grind stone and it will pay off.When you are standing there holding a big Musky in you hands you tend to forget how much time and effort it took to get there. Stay at them ED!

Thanks for the tip Dan - I actually have those exact gloves already. You are able to cast with them no problems? I just picked up a pair of SEAL SKINZ gloves but will also bring my Ice Armors with me this weekend. Hope to see you down there - let me know which day you plan on making it down there if you go.