Cannon Unitroll 10

antney1

Just received my first set of riggers which I can't wait to use. Put them together with no problem, problem is I can reel the line in (clockwise) but can't get it to reel backwards (counter clockwise). Called Cannon and the woman said you need weight for it to work...no problen, attached 8 lb weight and they both will not turn counter clockwise......what am I missing here ?!

I'm not trying to be a wise ass but when you reel backward the handle should feel like it loosens up with that done you should be able to pull some cable out or with the weight on it should come out..... I grab a hold of the wheel and squeeze loosen crank handle backward until loose and the cable shpuld flow freely out with the weight on... Hope this helps sorry if it didnt ...... But thats about the only thing I can think of.....

Lowering the Weight

You can lower the trolling weight at a controlled

rate by turning the crank handle gently counterclockwise

(away from the boom). Depending on

how far you turn, you can let your trolling weight

descend as fast or as slowly as you wish. Turn the

crank handle clockwise (toward the boom) until it

you hear a click to stop the weight. This gives you

control to let it plunge rapidly or sink slowly to a

predetermined trolling depth. With multiple

downriggers, you could start all your weights

creeping down, one at a time, and then stop them

each in turn.

Mike

When you reel backward it should feel like its gonna stop but try to put a little muscle to it and it should feel like it loosens up.... if not sounds like you may have gotten a bad rigger... The handle should feel like its gonna unscrew when you get it loose

Yes that's exactly it !!! Thanks....and after about 20 minutes of untangling the line it's all better now but I do have one last question....with the line counter at 000 as the line was coming out the counter was getting smaller instead of larger.....why would that be ?

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds to me that while you were trying to untangle and reload your cable, especially if it jumped off your reel, that your counter is now off according to your newly reinstalled cable. You want to now "zero" out your counters. I don't know what kind of counters you have but some have reset buttons. Others, like mine you have to just simply remove the counter and roll the gear on the counter untill you reach all zeroes again and reinstall. One note I do is to zero my counters on the boat with a cannonball on the rigger. I lower the cannonball to the surface of the water and lock it in that position. I then zero my counters and reinstall. This makes the math easier when you are fishing. If you want to run the ball 50 feet down you now know that number on your counter is the 50 feet you wanted and not the extra distance above the water when your rigger is all the way up. Just the way i do it.