Species Breakdown:4browns,2 smallmouth bass,1 laker

Hot Lure: brown trout lures

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed: 2.4

Boat Depth: 45 to 50

Lure Depth: 20 to 40

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

We fished with an 8 length 27 pound leadcore and an 18 pound 8 color leadcore + 2 downriggers . I tried stick bait on the rigger but no takers, so we just changed to typical brown trout lures.The first 2 fish were browns but then the next 2 that hit were the small mouth bass. Neither of them hit hard like you would expect from a bass but when we brought them in ,they gave a good fight.The first was 3.3 pounds and the second came in at 4.9. Then another browny and some time later the laker who behaved like a salmon. Towards the end another small browny.

The thing I learned today is that 18 pound test leadcore runs a lot deeper than the 27 pound.(I lost a lure getting it caught on the bottom) I did some checking and it turns out that 18 and 27 pound test leadcore have the same amount of lead per foot,which makes the 18 pound test run deeper.

Now it is time to winterize the boat.

Cornelis.

====================

i'm not looking to start an argument but research suggest the small mouth numbers are not reduced signifigantly because of gobies. the size is up it the fishing for them has changed dramaticlly but they are still there

The tables have been turned on the gobies. They are now a main food source for bass and brown trout. The bass and also the browns are growing faster and bigger because of it.

Just a thought, iv used soft goby swimbaits for bass the past couple years and they nail em left and right but i was wondering if the browns would hit em the same either trolling or casting of the piers in the spring time?