Help understanding my pistol permit - Wayne County

momay4000

Hey gang,

First of all - Happy New Year. Second, I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but I just received my new "plastic" pistol permit yesterday from Wayne County and I want to make sure it's Unrestricted.

Under my picture is the word "Restrictions" in red, but nothing is written below it. I would assume the permit is Unresticted based on this (i.e. the judge would have written "for hunting purposes", "home use", etc. and it would be listed under my picture if the permit was restricted). However, if the word "unrestricted" was on the permit it certainly would make me feel better.

Can anyone help me here? I'm looking for folks who either work in law enforcement or have one of the new plastic Wayne County permits which they started issuing last year.

Thanks a bunch,

- Chris

HI, I have one of those and on the top it reads in red, Carry Concealed. And also under my name is does say restrictions. I presume because there is nothing written under this it would mean I have none. Call the gun shop where you bought your pistol to be sure.

Maisie,

You are correct - I researched it and ALL of the new Wayne County plastic permits will say "Restrictions" under your picture. However, as long as nothing is written there, it's an Unrestricted CC.

Thanks very much,

- Chris

Glad we got that figured out. I see your home port is Irondequoit Bay. Can you tell me how much it costs to dock a boat there? That is if you dock your boat. I looking for a new home for the boat. Thanks

Maisie,

I have docked at Mayer's the past four years and my brother has been there for about 10. It's at the north end near the channel. I paid $55/ft last year (22' Trophy with 8 1/2' beam). I think he charges only $50/ft if you have a smaller beam.

It's a "working man's" marina with very little bells/whistles but it does the job just fine and they have good gas and it's close to the lake.

Good luck,

- Chris

You should b thankful. I live in chemung county, am a nys c.o. and can not get an unrestricted permit. It's very frustrating that a small town local judge can just walk all over my very own constitutional right. I am a over taxed payer just like everyone else...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Google "chemung county pistol permit". Looks like it's possible, just not without a lot of time and what should be unnecessary effort. I got mine in Monroe County and although approval took 5 months, it was just a matter of waiting, impatiently.