Lucky Walleye

choo-choo

I walked down to the river, about 3:30 new years eve, to put an ending on fishing season 2011. I tried my usual stickbaits with no luck. Switched over to a jig and plastic .....was soon hit by a hard digging, strong, river smallmouth. They're another fish that swims side by side, all year long , with the wild rainbows , browns , walleye, and an occasional native brook trout , along this stretch of river.

No hits for awhile , then got donked by a fish....missed it....but a couple casts later got "double donked" by a good fish, that fought well and turned out to be a nice 21 inch walleye. Being it was almost dark, and i was running a little late for a new years eve dinner , so I let him go , to end the season.

I hope you all had a great 2011....and all have an even better 2012.............choo- choo steve ....pics...

P1000515.jpg

P1000516.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No panfisher , not ending fishing ...just ended 2011 calender fishing season. 1/1/2012 started the "new" season. I fish all year like a lot of guy's on this site......And I'm hoping 2012 is as good as 2011 was !!! Good luck to you and everyone this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Pete........No , I have never caught a walleye on a dry fly, but have caught them on streamers and nymphs.That must have been pretty cool catching them on dry's.....Were they sippers , gulpers, slashers , or head and tailers ?I would like to know.

• 2 weeks later...