sodus info

going to try something new and fish at sodus on WED.

I have never been to the area can somebody share info on where a public launch is located and maybe a couple general tips for a newbie in that area...

I welcome PM's if you would not want to share publicly

thanks guys

There are 2 main launches. 1 being public and the other being the coast guard. I am not sure if they allow launching out of coast guard during the main season but as of right now people are putting in there it is on wickham blvd. all the way at the end. The other public launch is at the end of Margaretta rd. called Margaretta launch. Beware this is a steep launch and will need 4wd to get out of it. You might be able to launch at Arnie's marina but will have to pay.

Here is the address for Margaretta: 7315 New York 14, Sodus Point, New York

Here is the address for Coast guard launch: 8597 Wickham Boulevard, Sodus Point, New York

is most the fishing done with boards in the bay or do you turn the corner and head out on the lake?

Seems like some are catching them between the channel and maxwell but I am not sure. If you can take a look at the instant fishing reports. There are some guys doing well and they mention an area or 2. When we go out we use boards with cranks and spoons, never really had a lot of luck in the bay.

If the lake is calm fish the lake. You don't need four wheel drive but you should keep a bag of salt with you this time of the year. If the water is low you may bang up your prop at the state launch. Let us know how you do. Good luck. :) .

I am itching something terrible to go out right now but have to get my boat together first not to mention its a 2 hour drive for me. How big is your boat, beam and length?