Dipsey Diver question

Found the answer to my question! I bought the Walker Deeper DIvers from fish usa for 10.99 a piece. I got the 107mm model that dives to 70 feet. I was comparing them with the Luhr Jensons and the walker brand received better reviews and looked a bit sturdier from pictures. Hope I made a good choice in diver. First time trying this stuff and will be getting into Lake ontario for the first time this spring! I got two clear ones and 1 firetiger.

How long a leader should I run off them? Length of fishing pole? or longer and just handline it in till I can reach it with the net?

I switched to the walker 124s as well. I ran one against a dipsey mag and it hit bottem in 90ft of water. The dipsey still didn't hit in 70. That was 30lb. wire on a 2.5 setting pulling Sd/ flys. I also liked the quality better. All the dipsey mags I bought required massaging of the realease dentents and metal arms, They were really lame.

Seems like most use the length of the rod, say 8 - 10 feet. Are you planning on using wire, superline or mono for your Dipsies? We just set up a pair of wire rods, also using the Walker 107s - just waiting for later in the season so we can use them.

Seems like most use the length of the rod, say 8 - 10 feet. Are you planning on using wire, superline or mono for your Dipsies? We just set up a pair of wire rods, also using the Walker 107s - just waiting for later in the season so we can use them.

Using braid only. I guess that will get them down a bit further than using mono...but I guess i'll need to do a little adjustment to the ratio as braid in the 25lb variety is thinner in diameter than 25 mono. I dont intend to do wire as I dont want to completely change my poles out with ones that will accept wire.

If you're a detail person, the Precision Trolling Big Water edition will give you depth charts for everything. Dan Keating's books on trout and salmon fishing the Great Lakes walk you through everything at a beginner level; I found them really helpful to explain all the stuff I'd been reading here.

Most guys here run dipsies on wire to get the most verstility on depth but braid will work. It just won't go as deep. The rods you choose to use will need to to be able to handle the strain - Medium Heavy or Heavy action. Shimano TDR, Diawa Heartland and Okuma Classic Pro GLT are all popular choices that don't cost too much. Sounds like the top of the line is a custom Fish Doctor roller rod but I've never seen a price mentioned; just lots of drooling.

Take the time to read all the info you can on this site. You have to weed through it a bit but I thought it was worth it.

Using braid only. I guess that will get them down a bit further than using mono...but I guess i'll need to do a little adjustment to the ratio as braid in the 25lb variety is thinner in diameter than 25 mono. I dont intend to do wire as I dont want to completely change my poles out with ones that will accept wire.

You dont need to change poles. Just heat the tip, pull it off and put a twilli tip on. There like 9 bucks, You will want to run wire after you take your first diver shot and your cant reel any line in from fleas. Trust me

You dont need to change poles. Just heat the tip, pull it off and put a twilli tip on. There like 9 bucks, You will want to run wire after you take your first diver shot and your cant reel any line in from fleas. Trust me

Again I'm new to all this. What's this "flea" talk about?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png